● Strong knowledge of principles and techniques of sales and customer service.
● Computer skills – The CSS’s are comfortable using a computer and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and internet navigation.
● Working knowledge of current GPS technology, Grade Control technology and Telematics solutions.
● Strong knowledge of functions, operations, applications and customers heavy mechanical equipment.
● Basic knowledge of mechanical maintenance and repair of heavy/industrial equipment.
● Able to promote company products and services in a competitive market
● Able to prospect and qualify sales leads,
● Strong focus on customer service with the ability to help customers utilize the latest in construction equipment technology to enhance their business.
● Ability to show promote and sell products.
● Able to obtain and maintain Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet.
● Basic knowledge of office machines, including copier, fax and printer.
● Able to communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of the customer or coworkers.
● Strong attention to detail
● Able to process work with accuracy.
● Meet commitments and deadlines.
● Able to complete required documentation and reports in a timely manner.
● Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
● Able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
● Demonstrates openness to new procedures, technology and structure.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Able to do occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. Able to frequently load, unload and secure equipment and attachments. Able to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends. Able to travel out of office 70% of work day including occasional overnight stays.
High school diploma or GED required. College degree preferred, with undergraduate coursework in business, marketing, finance or related field and/or at least three years of equivalent experience in heavy equipment sales, service and/or parts.