Radford Health & Rehab Center, in Radford, VA, has a career opportunity for a Cook to prepare food for patients and residents in accordance with approved menus, recipes, and sanitation standards.
Radford Health & Rehab Center provides a resident-centered, customer service approach to care by qualified staff that values quality and commits to compliance and higher standards. Our goal is simple: to use innovative techniques and creative thinking to provide more efficient and effective treatments. We have worked to create a welcoming, enjoyable atmosphere, whether people come for short-term rehab or long-term care. We are doing more than just challenging the status quo - We are changing lives!
Successful service excellence candidates will have the following qualifications and ability to:
- Prepare or direct preparation of food service in the Center.
- Follow recipes, menus, and production sheets to ensure a quality product.
- Comply with established food handling regulations including dietary policies and procedures, local health department instructions and state and federal standards.
- Monitor and record food temperatures throughout the food preparation process including storage, cooking, holding, and serving.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Report safety and equipment issues to appropriate individuals.
- Assist Director of Dietary Services with purchasing, storage, or inventory.
- Assist Director of Dietary Services with maintaining electronic meal service information.
- Fulfill in-service training requirements.
- Promote and demonstrate a Service Excellence culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Come be a part of a team that is driven by our mission to provide a peace of mind to those we care for: our patients, residents, families and staff. Be part of a Service Excellence culture!
Drug Free & EOE/AA Employer
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with food preparation.
- Demonstrated cooking skills and ability to follow menus and recipes.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and be able to make effective decisions and work as part of a service excellence team.
Outline Of Food Preparation