The underwriter will review regulatory compliance with disclosures, validate data used by an automated underwriting system to decision loans, and perform a comprehensive review of the appraisal report. The underwriter will determine if the loan meets underwriting guidelines, product guidelines, investor requirements and eligibility requirements. The underwriter will update information regarding the loan transaction in the loan origination system with the appropriate status and loan conditions. In addition, the underwriter will review and clear conditions prior to closing. Must have 3 years of recent frontline underwriting experience. Wholesale underwriting experience a plus. Must have excellent customer service skills.
Perform a cursory review of the loan file for compliance with Federal disclosure requirements to include the Net Tangible Benefits worksheet.
- Validate the data used by the AUS to make a credit decision. This includes but is not limited to:
- Verify all loan term obligations were considered to qualify
- Determine income used to qualify the loan was calculated correctly
- Ensure assets used for the source of funds to close and for reserves are acceptable and accurate
- Establish that documentation required by the AUS is in the file or becomes a condition of the loan approval
- Perform a comprehensive review of the appraisal report and all supporting documentation. This includes but is not limited to:
· Verify the report was performed by a licensed/certified appraiser and meets client’s and investor/agency requirements.
· Determine that the property meets investor guidelines.
· Ascertain that the appraiser has supported his/her opinion of market value.
· Establish that the appraisal report is complete and free of any inconsistencies and that the property is sufficient.
d. Evaluate the application, supporting credit, income and asset documentation, the appraisal report and the contract of sale of sale to uncover inconsistencies and potential misrepresentation in the loan file.
- Determine if the loan was submitted to underwriting in accordance with the program and terms registered or locked with Client’s secondary marketing department. Resubmit the loan to Client’s AUS, when validated data falls outside of AUS tolerance levels.
- Resubmit the loan to client’s AUS, when validated data falls outside of AUS tolerance levels.
- Identify loan conditions that must be cleared prior to closing and/or at closing.
- Enter/correct data in LOS. Data includes the status and recommended conditions for the approval.
- Review and clear “prior to closing” conditions that have been identified as the underwriter’s responsibility.
- Communicate as needed with Client’s staff and customers.
- Manage a commercial underwriting territory
- Provide specialized underwriting and underwriting training in all major lines
- Shaping broader underwriting and risk policies
- Maintain all underwriting quality standards
- Provide analysis and underwriting expertise
- Decline new business in accordance with company underwriting guidelines and experienced, underwriting judgment
- Executing a project plan to develop best in class commercial underwriting center(s)
- Manage a team of commercial underwriters
- Underwriting new commercial loans for loan size
- Finalize the underwriting narrative and model and/or provide direction to underwriting staff
- Understand credit structures for underwriting commercial loans and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Affecting ISO's commercial lines insurance programs
- Perform financial analysis for large commercial deals
- Participate in RT underwriting projects
- Make presentations to clients regarding underwriting topics
- Evaluating new or renewal high-value commercial underwriting application policies and evaluates the merits of each line of insurance based on current laws or level of underwriting expertise
- Rate, issue and maintain commercial policies
- Using proprietary models and own underwriting expertise
- Use analytical skills to make sound risk selection and manage a commercial underwriting territory
- Provide training to new employees
Contract Of Sale