To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Truck Accessories Group, LLC • Elkhart, IN
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Description – Engineering Manager
Title: Engineering Manager
Reporting to: Sr. Director of Engineering
Date: November 27, 2018
The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading the Engineering, cross functional teams and business metrics in the execution of a variety of projects ranging from continuous improvement of existing products to the development and implementation of new components, processes and products. This position will be responsible for leading major and complex design projects from conception through completion. The successful candidate will be a key stakeholder in the development and implementation of products into the market and the processes to ensure on cost, on time and high performance commercialization. This position must drive ownership of the product pipeline from all aspects of talent management to value propositions and business metrics.
- Develop and own product roadmaps, with business case tracking/reporting
- Manage resource load with internal talent and external opportunities
- Own VOC, product requirements for all products
- Own project definition, business metrics and project management of multiple projects and teams
- Lead engineering and cross functional support teams from concept to completion
- Own development and implementation of process to support product performance, quality and on time to market
- Train, and mentor other Engineers and supporting staff
- Prepare performance reviews and solve internal issues
- Develop and manage timelines to ensure timely completion
- Ensure APQP compliance during engineering development activities
- Own and manage budgets
- Obtain access to trucks and OE CAD data via various avenues including SEMA and direct contact with OEM representatives
- Support Sales & Marketing to prepare for industry trade shows
- Benchmark competitor’s products
- Ensure there is robust product designs practices
- Interface with customers to obtain technical requirements
- Own all aspects of product development from VOC value propositions to insulation guides with training sales, customer service to ensure market launch success
- Manage all aspects of engineering (process, procedure, costed BOMs, product standards, etc.)
- Carry out cross-functional assignments and projects as necessary
- Support safety initiatives, policies and procedures to ensure plant operations are safe and consistent with company standards and help reduce accidents and injuries.
- Exemplifies and fosters teamwork within the company. Promptly responds to concerns, issues, and suggestions and acts to ensure positive employee relations.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company, the customer and/or the industry.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Manages subordinates and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s polices and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Strong project management skills
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with development and ownership of “concept to completion” stage gate methodology
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter capable of working both independently, as well as part of a team
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or evening work
- The ability to travel is required; estimated 20%
- Original thinking and creativity
- Proficiency in CAD - SolidWorks preferred
- Understanding of Product Data Management systems and workflow
- Must be able to balance team and individual responsibilities, giving and receiving feedback, while supporting efforts to succeed
- Generating creative solutions and being able to translate concepts and information into images
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office software and related packages
- Must have strong analytical skills and be well organized, an excellent problem solver, motivator, and decision maker
- Working knowledge of fiberglass manufacturing would be a plus along with project experience in the automotive, OEM and aftermarket industry