To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waterbury, CT
- Melanie Billings
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Early Childhood Education Assistant Teacher - East
Easter Seals Greater Waterbury, Central & NW Connecticut • Waterbury, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Early Childhood Education Assistant Teacher
Two (2) Full-Time position available; 40hrs/wk, M-F with Benefits
Under the Supervision of the Site Manager and daily direction from the Site Coordinator and Lead Teacher responsible for assisting the Lead Teacher in overall classroom and playground operations, implementing a developmentally appropriate program and providing a high quality of education and care for students.
- Supervise all classroom and outdoor activities, use positive discipline techniques to ensure the welfare, health and safety of the children
- Greet and address each child by name, treat all children, parents, and staff with dignity and respect
- Maintain open lines of communication and share information with families within Lead Teacher guidelines
- Assist Lead Teacher to plan and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum/learning experiences in line with the CT –ELDS and NAEYC Standards
- Maintain an Anecdotal Log for each child which includes observation and assessment
- Assist Lead Teacher to prepare and plan parent-teacher conferences
- Engage in mealtime activities with the children, record daily attendance and daily lunch counts in accordance with CACFP and center policy
- Use appropriate food handling, sanitation and OSHA procedures at all time
- Responsible for all classroom functions in the absence of the Lead Teacher
- Substitute when needed to provide proper staff/child ratios
- Maintain a clean environment, classroom and playground which includes storage of materials in a neat, orderly, and safe manner.
- Role model positive interactions and guide classroom support staff (Program Assistants, Volunteers)
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, supervision and multi-component meetings
- Attend special events both on-site and off-site, and including after normal hours of operation
- Attend workshops, conferences, and all in-service trainings to meet OEC requirements (20 hours per year full-time employee)
- Contribute ideas with the Lead Teacher to maintain high standards of care and education and ongoing quality improvement of the program
- Displays and upholds Easterseals core values of collaboration, respect, caring, excellence and accountability. Consistently demonstrates caring for the community we serve, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Infant, toddler and preschool development. Knowledge of Early Childhood Education, School Readiness and Connecticut Early Learning and Development standards.
- Warm and nurturing demeanor.
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English) / (Albanian/English).
- Work in all infant/toddler and preschool classrooms, possibly work with children with communicable diseases and varying abilities.
- Use knowledge of child development to assess and plan for individual children.
- Personal qualifications as required in Part 407: Licensing Standards for Child Care Centers, emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with the aims of the program, respect for children and adults, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health which does not interfere with responsibilities.
- Approachable to children and adults of all socioeconomic levels in a professional manner.
- Read, comprehend, and follow written and verbal directions without constant supervision.
- This position may be authorized to have access to protected Health Information (PHI) to perform specific job duties.
EDUCATION: Must be in accordance with NAEYC Accreditation Teaching Staff Qualifications Option Guide. Go to:
- A minimum of one (1) year of early childhood experience strongly preferred.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer