REI is seeking a talented Sr. Corporate Accountant with superior analytical and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and organized, and have advanced knowledge of MS Excel. The position will be located in our Buford, GA office, and will be reporting to the Assistant Division Manager-Corporate Finance and Accounting.
The core function of the Sr. Corporate Accountant will be to perform complex accounting assignments to maintain the Company general ledger and related accounting systems according to accounting standards and principles.
The Sr. Corporate Accountant Will:
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis, including suspense accounts, reserve accounts, and cash accounts. Review and verify account analysis and reconciliation packages with supporting schedules.
- Lead month-end closing. Prepare reconciliation or review the work of others to ensure that accounts are accurate and closed per schedule. Prepare and review inter-company reconciliations with RUS and RCL. Prepare necessary accruals, adjusting entries and company reserves.
- May lead Corporate Accounting external audit. Respond to external auditor inquiries and provide documentation, as required. Participate in tests of key controls. Provide documentation and responds to questions of state tax auditors.
- May perform accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets and tax audits to support department during staff or management absences.
- Stay abreast of new accounting policies and methodologies. Apply new standards to recommend and implement modifications to current accounting procedures.
- Maintain and update accounting system database structure, including trees and tables, with cost centers, chart of accounts and related information.
- Prepare REI's portion of the federal income tax return, state income tax return, FAS109 compliance schedules, and expense and income allocation schedules. Reconcile tax accruals, tax reserves, cushions, net changes and tax provisions. Monitor and review taxing authority notices, tax laws and legislation to minimize exposure and ensure compliance. Collect, research, validate data and prepare reports to support tax audits and the preparation of federal, state, and local reports and returns.
- May serve as back-up in performing fixed assets accounting activities.
- Prepare, consolidate, review, and verify the accuracy of financial reports.
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Train, orient, and assign and check the work of lower level staff.
- Daily interaction with internal management and staff in corporate accounting, cost accounting, business planning, and other internal departments. Interaction normally involves exchanging information and giving guidance and direction on accounting policies and procedures.
- Regularly interacts with Ricoh Family Group companies to exchange information and respond to requests for information.
- Represent functional area on task forces, requiring the need to gain cooperation and influence others.
- Work on complex issues of very broad scope. Analysis of situations or data requires creativity and an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Oversee the selection of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required. Master’s Degree/MBA and CPA/CMA certification, preferred
- 5 + years’ experience working with complex accounting assignments - general ledger accounting experience in a corporate manufacturing environment.
- Excellent analytical, multi-tasking, problem solving, research, organizational, time management, communication and presentation skills.
- Consistent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees and external auditors.
- Pro-active attitude with regard to identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, with the ability to use complex formulas for data analysis.
- Working knowledge using ERP Accounting Software and Programs.
- Thorough knowledge of a broad range of accounting practices and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge of US Tax Code
AA/M/F/VETERANS/Individuals with Disabilities, EOE, Drug-Free Workplace