To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
205 South Puente Street
Brea, CA 92821
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VRF System Design Engineer
Sigler Inc. • Brea, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Provides design and systems application support to outside sales engineers, customer accounts, and MEP Design firms. Responsible for a variety of tasks including but not limited to; equipment selection, job pricing, creation of bid projects and producing submittals. Additionally promotes commercial equipment and provides engineering support and design assistance to mechanical engineers and owners. Other key job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Interact and work closely on daily basis with outside sales engineers, MEP design firms customers and internal employees.
· Provide support and backup coverage to outside sales engineers.
· Required to select equipment along with pricing that will be presented to outside sales engineers and MEP design firms
· Provide engineering assistance, equipment selection and pricing to mechanical engineers, outside sales engineers and owners
· Attend sales meetings, training sessions, company and customer events
· Develop and maintain professional relationships with key mechanical engineers
· Maintain a working knowledge of products and manufacturers represented by Sigler, including the maintenance of manufacturer literature and pricing.
· Prepare proposals from construction documents, plans and specs, including a review of the project bid form and an understanding of its impact on the equipment proposal.
· Become familiar with factory personnel, product, model numbers, descriptions etc.
· Provide insight, suggestions, and enhancements to all current responsibilities.
· Reliable transportation is required.
Critical Knowledge and Skills:
· Accuracy, analytical skills and attention to detail are required
· Exceptional communication and customer service skills
· Detailed orientated
· Multitasking and organizational skills
· Good judgment and planning skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced work environment
· Research using systems, software and product guides, catalogs and manufacturing literature
· Review, evaluate and make suggestions and product recommendations to customers as well as provide technical support when needed
· Must have extensive knowledge and background in HVAC systems and applications, equipment selection software, and product knowledge with specific knowledge of VRF systems a plus
· Read, analyze, and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
· Respond to inquiries and complaints from customers
· Apply technical formulas and mathematical concepts as necessary in response to customer requests.
· Define problems/ issues, gather data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and execute a plan to resolve the issue
· Make judgments after analysis of available information and respond with a timely decision.
· Develop and work a plan and prioritize tasks.
· Speak articulately one-to-one and to groups.
· Compose and articulate grammatically correct written communication.
· Proven success calling on mechanical contractors and engineers, general contractors, and owners.
· Knowledge of Carrier software (Quote Builder, Sage, HVAC Partners, ECAT, vendor websites) and Windows applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, and ability to learn manufacturer – specific selection, design, and pricing software.
· Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
· Attend meetings both inside and outside of the office.
· Spend time in the office either on the computer, using phone or handling office material.
· Work in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines and demands and frequent interruptions. Need a high level of concentration.
Education and Experience:
· BS in Engineering is required, Mechanical Engineering degree is preferred
· Must have minimum 5 years of HVAC industry experience
· Extensive knowledge of selecting, submitting, and designing VRF systems a plus
· Ability to routinely communicate with MEP design Engineers on a daily basis