SDC CPAs, LLC is an investigative accounting firm, specialized in analyzing and handling fidelity (including employee dishonesty and employee theft), lack of faithful performance and crime claims for the insurance adjusting and insurance defense industry. SDC provides national and international investigation and forensic accounting services.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team. Candidates must possesses at least one to three years of accounting experience and at least three years of professional life experience. As an accountant at SDC CPAs, you will aid in the investigation, preparation and review of insurance loss claims, in which accounting concepts apply, such as fidelity, inventory and third-party liability claims. You will also be responsible for creating and giving presentations to clients.
- Analyzing insurance loss claims, in which accounting concepts apply, such as fidelity, inventory, contents valuation, third-party liability claims and personal loss of income claims
- Providing expertise in the analysis and review of financial documentation, in which accounting expertise is provided as litigation support, such as employee dishonesty, financial condition and personal injury
- Working independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Managing effectively multiple, concurrent projects and meeting deadlines while working both independently and in a team environment.
- Working effectively and utilizing project management skills to manage tasks according to strict deadlines.
- Presenting facts, findings and observations to interested parties.
- Creating formal reports for communicating to clients and other interested parties.
- Identifying and addressing client needs: developing and sustaining client relationships.
- Developing new client relationships.
- Travel as required.
Benefits include a 401k and PTO as detailed in SDC’s policy manual. Benefits also include an option to enroll in a medical insurance plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Policy
SDC CPAs’ hiring and employment practices are based on job qualifications, performance, and/or conduct without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field.
- Excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong computer skills with extensive knowledge of numerous Microsoft Office based software programs.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude and reliable.
- Strong work ethic.
- Understands business goals and objectives.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Leads by example and results oriented.
Standard Accounting Practices