ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading family centered health business located in Frederick, MD and they are looking to hire a Staff Accountant. This position starts as a contract paying $30 and hour and for the right candidate has the opportunity to go permanent with a salary of $65,000 yearly. They need someone to start immediately.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- BS degree required - Accounting Degree preferred, or AA degree with related experience
- Minimum of 3 years of general accounting experience.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Minimum 3 years QuickBooks experience required
Keywords: staff accountant, accounting, accountant, general ledger accountant, journal entries, general accounting, QuickBooks
Standard Accounting Practices