The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual requirements of this position will vary.
- Lift, carry and push/pull at least 50 pounds to waist and 25 lbs to shoulders
- Climb into and out of truck.
- Work in the outside environment
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid driver license
Valid Class A CDL or the ability to obtain within 60 days of employment
Equivalent of a high school diploma or G.E.D certification
Prior mechanic experience.
Service Excellence classification: medium/heavy truck.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other applicable health and safety standards.
- Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and coworkers.
- Within reason, does what it takes to meet and exceed expectations of customers.
- Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do.
- Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
- Does the right thing.
- Adheres to the laws as well as Bruckner’s policies and rules.
- Promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Readily acquires knowledge and skill in concepts and techniques that are new to him/her.
- Remembers and applies what he/she has learned.
- Follows and promotes Bruckner’s safety rules and procedures.
- Shows an appreciation and sets an example for safe work behavior.
- Does not take inappropriate risks.
- Troubleshooting – Diagnoses existing problems and predicts potential problems.
- Determines root causes of failures and chooses the best repair option.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, dust mask, ear plugs, gloves, hard hat, respirator, safety glasses, work boots and safety vest.
- Hand tools including, but not limited to, hammer, pliers, screwdriver, wrenches, and tire pressure gauge.
- Machines including, but not limited to, floor jacks and presses.
- Computer diagnostic abilities and skills, VCADS, INSITE and other diagnostic programs.
- ADP, Mack & Volvo applications and software programs.
ENVIRONMENTAL / ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric conditions are commonly but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Majority of work will be at customer’s locations working on fleet vehicle outdoors.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Occasional shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust, and fumes.
- Meeting Core Values
- Performance Reviews
- Meeting specific department/individual goals
- Deliver all goals as identified by the Department Manager
- Complete all tasks assigned by the Supervisor
- We act with honesty and integrity
- We value our people and communities
- We are customer focused
- We do what it takes
NOTES : This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirement, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Keywords: Diesel OR Trucking OR Dealership OR ADP OR Mack OR Volvo OR Caterpillar OR Allison OR Cummins OR Dealer OR Heavy Equipment OR Trailer OR Truck Sales OR Deal Sheet OR Class A OR CDK OR Frame Shop OR Foreman OR Leasing OR Service OR Warranty OR Parts OR Office OR Semi Truck OR Mechanic OR Google Jobs OR Career OR B2B Outside Sales OR Sales Representative OR Commercial Sales, OR Fabrication