The Hospice Care Consultant will interact and assist with referrals from healthcare professional in hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes, long term care facilities and physicians in private practice. The success of this position derives solely from the provider relationships that result in the admission of appropriate patients from physicians, discharge planners, case managers, floor nurses, and other healthcare professionals. This position will participate in interdisciplinary team meetings and weekly marketing meetings as assigned by the Executive Director and or the Director of Business Development.
- Provide educational in-services and other educational opportunities to the community and providers in assigned territory.
- Work with National Staff, Admissions Department and others on the Marketing team to develop and carry out a marketing plan.
- Manage the marketing activities for an assigned coverage area on a daily basis.
- Meet with appropriate physicians in the service area who influence or make referral decisions in order to familiarize them with Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care.
- Meet with appropriate physician office staff nurses to familiarize them with the patient characteristics and needs that indicate an appropriate hospice referral.
- Meet with appropriate hospital discharge planners and floor nurses to establish a positive referral relationship.
- Meet with appropriate long-term care facility administrative and clinical staff to establish a positive referral relationship.
- Develop opportunities to conduct in-service presentations for physician offices, hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living, Community Based Residential Facilities (CBRF) and other healthcare providers.
- Collaborate with Admission Department and hospice clinical staff to manage intake of patient/families.
- Coordinate utilization review with providers.
- Make 10 face to face contacts per day with referral sources. This could include multiple contacts within one facility but they need to be face to face contacts with staff that have an impact on referrals. Dropping off literature or telephone calls do not count towards the daily goal.
- Communicate appropriately with providers, attending physicians, other appropriate hospice staff members, and other agencies as needed to ensure excellent provider relations.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Work closely with the hospice staff, Clinical Directors and all Team Directors to insure that promised services are provided.
- Participate in hospice orientation and ongoing education programs.
- Demonstrate familiarity with policies of the agency and state(s) and federal regulations pertaining to hospice services.
- Participate in committees and on special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate proficiency and willingness with sign-ons and information sessions as assigned.
- Demonstrate 100% compliance with all reporting processes.
- Maintain 100% daily documentation in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), including daily call schedules, weekly call schedules, track of all appointments and activities. Hospice Care Consultant (HCC) is responsible for maintaining accurate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly admissions numbers for their territory and quarterly plan.
- Develop, implement and submit two weeks prior to the next quarter an HCC quarterly market plan.
- Develop and implement a weekly sales call plan that follows quarterly market plan and goals.
- Develop and implement a daily call plan with at least ten (10) sales calls per day that align with quarterly market plan and goals.
- Develop and implement appropriate pre-call plan for each sales call.
- Develop, implement and work with supervisor on post-call follow-up for each sales call made.
- Adhere to monthly community education budgets as set by program.
- Meet quarterly admission goals.
- Develop Business with month over month growth.
- Available for after hours and weekend referrals.
- Document Customer Service issues on the Adverse Event form according to protocol.
- Complete and maintain all HCC competencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or 5 years previous healthcare experience in hospice, home health, healthcare sales or marketing.
- Demonstrates commitment to hospice philosophy of care.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to work closely with a variety of people while effectively using problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of referral patterns in the service area.
- A willingness to learn Medicare regulations and related reimbursement issues for hospice and long-term care.
- Proficiency/Knowledge of Windows, Excel and Word. Demonstrates willingness to work as a team player within the department and with the clinical and operational teams.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Seasons Hospice's philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
Long Term Care
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.