Here are things we’ve worked on recently to give you an idea of how you might spend your day:
- Paired with our partners to explain how to leverage the capabailities of the cloud on their large-scale workloads
- Troubleshooted why a user is seeing intermittent failures when running their machine learning algorithm
- Peer reviewed tests and code associated with a new API endpoint
- Embraced infrastructure as code for rapid and replicable deployments
Here are the guidelines we're looking at to gauge experience and skillset:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of agile development practices using associated project management tools
- Well versed in software engineering methodology and processes
- Experience with secure software development practices and concepts
- Experience with Python or NodeJS, preferably in a serverless cloud context
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Postgres or MySQL
- Experience with testing and CM tools such as git
- Knowledge of cloud architecture including but not limited to networking, data storage, security, cloud specific patterns, and AWS service selection.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or relevant experience
- Experience: 4-8 years of relevant experience
- AWS certification (Associate, Professional, and/or Speciality)
- Experience with large-scale data processing pipelines and data lakes in AWS
- Experience with distributed, loosely-coupled and scalable architectures including serverless architecture and frameworks
- Familiarity with spatial data, reference and projection systems
- Experience with geospatial data and tools (commercial or open source)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL database design
- Experience with Cloud security including AWS IAM and VPC concepts
- Experience troubleshooting serverless and container-oriented AWS deployments (CloudWatch, CloudTrail, X-Ray)
Candidates must have strong technical abilities, excellent communication skills, and a teamwork emphasis. Candidates must also be able to integrate into a highly-skilled Software Engineering team.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. At this time, Element 84 will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Paying attention to who we are -- as a company, as people, as family members, friends, and colleagues, is probably the biggest part of who we are. There are lots of ways to run a company and you have probably experienced more than your share. For us, it's wanting to come to work, being around people we enjoy, taking on big things with people you trust, and sharing our achievements as a team.
- You’ll get credit when things go right and we’ll have your back when things go wrong.
- We only take on work that is challenging and right for us. There are projects we will turn down and the team has a say.
- We may be a small company, but we have big company benefits meant to support the idea that we're here for the long term and that happiness comes from much more than just where you work, including 401k, health & dental insurance, life & disability insurance, flexible schedule, cell phone stipend, flexible spending accounts for transportation and dependent care and a generous PTO policy.
We have an extraordinary retention rate because we only hire extraordinary people. We hope that’s you.
Element 84 is an equal opportunity employer, with a company culture that values diversity. We embrace inclusivity and believe that diversity of thought, perspective, and experience helps us reach higher and think bigger. Element 84 is committed to hiring the best person for the team and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If you are interested in joining us, we want to hear from you!