To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Des Moines, IA 50266
- Kate Kreis-Claflin
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Contract Bond Underwriter
Merchants Bonding Company (Mutual) • West Des Moines, IA
Posted 2 months ago
Contract Bond Underwriter - West Des Moines, Iowa
Elevate your career options. Merchants Bonding Company is seeking candidates for a risk and financial analyst in West Des Moines, IA. This individual will become a valued consultant to our agents and brokers in the assigned territory. Our underwriters forge relationships with agents and brokers nationwide, soliciting and analyzing contract bond submissions to make underwriting recommendations. Contract Bond Underwriters evaluate and underwriter contract surety bonds within established parameters and guidelines, contribute to a profitable surety operation and to the marketing of other lines of business.
Our Contract Bond Underwriters:
- Determine the acceptability of surety risks based on Merchants' guidelines, established authority, and marketing strategy.
- Analyze agent submissions/applications and assures that documentation is reviewed and noted properly. Obtains necessary background information and references. Accurately evaluates for future profit or loss potential and verifies appropriate rates for the risk.
- Prepares contract bond quotes and responds to questions regarding the proposal.
- Maintain and create positive relationships with agents and major accounts, including regular on-site visits.
- Develops new business opportunities through prospecting and utilizes marketing materials in presentations, proposals and other marketing efforts.
- Represents Merchants Bonding professionally at industry functions. Networks with industry peers and experts.
- Have strong analytical and research skills as well as ability to shift focus quickly to appropriately handle a variety of bond applications
Succeed with Visionary Leaders. Merchants’ reputation sets us above the competition. Our growth has remained in the double digits for over 10 years.
We have a 37.5 hour workweek with flexible scheduling and a disciplined training program immersing new underwriters in actual bond analysis. Stand-up desks, a state-of-the-art fitness center, free coffee bar, and a modern facility are just some of the benefits of working with Merchants Bonding Company. Our compensation, time-off and benefit package rivals much larger corporations.
The Merchants Commitment values a collaborative workplace culture through trust, loyalty, and respect while offering continuous investment in associate's careers.
You could follow the crowd but we know you want to aspire to something greater. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our careers page at www.merchantsbonding.com and complete an employment application.
What are you waiting for? You’ve been invited!
Merchants Bonding Company is the recipient of the 2018 Top Iowa Workplaces! https://youtu.be/UmFhvrgRgSc
Learn more about Merchants Bonding Company culture, our mission statement, and available positions on our website at: https://www.merchantsbonding.com/careers.aspx
Successful underwriters have a Bachelor’s degree in business or finance or equivalent work experience in business, underwriting, insurance or a related field. College coursework in math, risk analysis, and financial analysis a plus. Previous work or internships in a finance field preferred. Qualified candidates:
- Have the ability to accurately read and analyze financial documents
- Travel to assigned region and market products
- Are detail oriented with strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Ability to scan unfamiliar material and pull relevant details
- Possess above average verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of construction techniques, contract terms/variations, and construction accounting a plus
- A history of providing excellent customer service and sound judgment
- Can negotiate successfully and professionally