To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, KS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
On-Site Corporate Travel Consultant
Short's Travel Management, Inc • Kansas City, KS
Posted 19 days ago
Short’s Travel Management is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill an On-Site Corporate Travel Consultant position at our corporate client’s office in Kansas City, KS. A minimum of 3 years of travel agent experience is required. Apollo experience preferred. VIP experience as well as international booking and ticketing skills are a plus.
This position responds to customer travel requests for reservations (airline, hotel, rental car, or other modes of transportation) in an efficient, courteous and timely manner. An individual in this position manages all functions relating to the booking, administrative and accounting tasks necessary to process electronic or other travel documents as it relates to customer request and industry requirements. The candidate placed in this position will have the ability to function autonomously and in a team environment. This position will be located on-site in our client’s office.
Compensation & Available Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation/Earned Time Off
Short’s Travel Management is an EOE employer.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Travel Consultant/Travel Agent is required.
- Experience utilizing Apollo is preferred.
- High school diploma is required.
- Ability to demonstrate proficient knowledge, skills and abilities utilizing industry and proprietary technology, including on-line booking tools.
- Communicates effectively and exhibits excellent customer service skills while promoting and selling travel products and services.
- Continuously strives to provide clients with a positive experience utilizing analytical and strategic skills.
- Positively contributes to the team environment.
- Understands the importance of quality and accountability with regard to revenue generating tasks and responsibilities.
Required Cognitive Skills:
- Maintains the highest possible level of client and company confidentiality.
- Displays a positive attitude with energy and enthusiasm toward assuming new roles and challenges.
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility of multiple tasks as required.
- Self-motivated and autonomous with consistent follow through.
- Strong interpersonal skills, such as written and oral communications, logic, and decision-making.
- Demonstrates above average organizational and planning skills with appropriate attention to detail.