To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
16 Thompson Park
Hattiesburg, MS 39401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Lines Account Executive
BXS Insurance • Hattiesburg, MS
Posted 2 months ago
Commercial Lines Account Executive - Transportation
Commercial Lines Account Executives are the backbone of our business at BXS Insurance. We rely on our highly skilled team of service professionals to engage our clients, proactively provide exceptional service, resolve problems, create lasting relationships and ensure that the client experience is exceptional.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Commercial Lines Account Executive position in Hattiesburg, MS, specializing in transportation, to join our team. In this role, you’ll work closely with the producer and you'll be responsible for the delivery of exceptional service to our commercial property and casualty clients. You'll also work closely with our sales team to manage our clients' exposure to risk, and you'll coordinate the development, retention and rounding of accounts.
As an experienced and professional Commercial Lines Account Executive looking to take the next step in your career, there are many things to consider. It's probably not just about the pay and benefits, although BXS Insurance leads the market in both. Maybe you're looking to advance your professional career with a successful and stable company that also provides career development, a team environment, flexible schedules, work-life balance and personal growth opportunities. If this sounds good to you, then BXS Insurance may be in your future.
Specifically, you'll work independently and as part of a team to:
- Function independently to inform and educate, answer questions, resolve issues, and makes decisions regarding the need for the implementation of coverage and modifications to clients’ coverages.
- Work proactively with producers and account managers to develop specific programs tailored to meet the individual needs of clients.
- Develop, implement and monitor comprehensive customer service plans that reflect the customer’s business and risk management goals.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and coordinates services leading to successful development, retention and rounding of accounts.
- Provide exceptional customer service for assigned accounts, including correspondence, communication and meetings with customers, producers and insurance carriers.
- Independently, or in partnership with producer(s) and marketing, manage new/renewal business strategy including the coordination of roles and the obtaining of information.
- Market new and renewal business to appropriate carriers as needed or requested, including preparing complete marketing submissions to the marketing department.
- Develop strong positive client relationships by being the point of contact for assigned clients, maintaining open lines of communication, and conducting face-to-face meetings as needed.
- Meet with clients on new business and renewal presentations as requested.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in agency management system according to agency workflows.
- Prepare summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals as needed for account review according to agency workflows.
- Verify new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, coverages and other relevant information. Inputs transactions to generate billing invoices. Ensures that policies are delivered and/or mailed to client in a timely manner.
- Coordinate clients’ needs with the support team regarding the issuance of binders, certificates and evidence of property.
- Pursue prompt client payment in coordination with the producer. Requests cancellations from the carrier according to agency workflows.
- Interact with others effectively and professionally by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology.
- Provide guidance and direction to account associates and less experienced account managers as needed.
- Overtime work, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
BXS Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.
Primary qualifications include:
- 7+ years experience in account management in transportation
- 5+ years sales, marketing or relationship management experience
- Strong working knowledge of insurance products, rating, underwriting, coverages and industry operations.
- Appropriate active Property & Casualty license
- CIC or equivalent designation
- Microsoft Suite proficiency
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma plus required experience; college degree preferred