The Director of Fleet Operations manages operations and maintenance of Groundworks’ motor vehicle and equipment fleet. Manages DOT compliance and reporting as it relates to the fleet. Develops and implements vehicle and vehicle related equipment preventive maintenance programs. Drives budgetary savings throughout the program through effective procurement, preventative maintenance, and operational efficiencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Responsible for implementing / managing preventative maintenance programs
● Maintain and update Master Fleet Database, report out as needed to management
● Ensure accuracy of fleet folders to include title, registration, insurance, CAPEX, lease agreement, and all other necessary documentation
● Acquire appropriate insurance and documentation as needed to support the corporate fleet
● Maintain Enterprise Fleet users, information, and system
● Maintain GPS monitoring database(s) by updating users, roles, drivers, geofences, and alert parameters. Report out as needed to management.
● Maintenance of Medical Examiner cards and certifications to support DOT requirements
● WEX Fuel program management, liaison for branches and distribution of fuel cards
● Work closely with DMV(s) to ensure all non-leased vehicle and equipment titles are in Groundworks’ possession and applicable registrations are properly maintained
● Manage EZ PASS and other toll programs for proper utilization, minimizing expense and toll violations
● Report all moving violations and develop internal controls to manage
● Responsible for M&A activity as it pertains to fleet to include pre-acquisition evaluation and vehicle purchases
● Point of contact for company-wide vehicle procurement. Develop ongoing strategy with partners to ensure coverage and best price.
● Coordinate with vendors, freight brokers and employees to secure delivery of new fleet equipment and intercompany transfers
● Conduct fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met.
● Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of fleet vehicles and equipment by working with location managers and that regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs are adhered to.
● Monitor and analyze all opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
● Management of a team (2+ direct reports)
● Other duties as assigned
● Prior corporate fleet management experience (1,000+ vehicles)
● Experience in both fleet procurement and fleet maintenance management
● Data driven manager
● Prior people management experience
● The ability to interact effectively with Corporate Executives, Managers, Team Leaders and Team Members.
● An alytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
● Possesses demonstrated knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
● Demonstrated knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Travel will be required to implement and establish processes as related to company fleet vehicles and assets.