We are happy to be Lexington’s Best Retirement Community (for 5 years running), Best Assisted Living and Best Physical Therapy Provider.
Sayre Christian Village, the only faith-based nonprofit continuing care retirement community in Fayette County, is a ministry that provides hope, housing and healthcare to older adults.
We employ 240 employees and with a capacity to serve more than 420 residents.
The RN/LPN is responsible to the Rehab Unit Manager and its residents for rendering nursing care in the Short-Term Rehab Unit at Sayre Healthcare Center on the campus of Sayre Christian Village. The RN/LPN may be asked to assist in other areas of the Healthcare Center based on staffing needs. Successful candidate will be able to identify of individual resident needs, according to dependent and independent nursing functions and conformance with recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established standards based on the scope of practical nursing, under the direction/delegation of the Rehab Unit Manager or Charge Nurse.
· Assesses, directs and coordinates patient care and procedures in an efficient, empathetic and timely manner. Serves as patient advocate and health teacher.
· Responsible for providing outstanding, compassionate care to a group of residents/patients.
· Notifies charge nurse and/or physician when a change in a resident’s condition occurs.
· Make daily rounds to see each resident and as needed throughout the designated shift.
· Assess residents upon admission to develop interim care plan and further assess to develop long term care plan.
· Responsible for updating care plans as warranted and required.
· Administer medications and treatments to residents; monitor the administration of intravenous fluids; place orders for medication from the pharmacy.
· Confer with residents and family members; make referrals to other departments when appropriate.
· Maintain accountability for controlled substances; inventory medications and at the beginning and end of each shift and immediately notify supervisor of discrepancies.
· Communicate resident status to incoming personnel according to Sayre Christian Village policies and procedures.
· Supervise and delegate duties for State Registered Nursing Assistants assigned to unit.
· Ensure all skin assessments are completed for Sayre Christian Village residents.
· Maintain daily charting and Medicare charting.
· Ensure that all supervised personnel adhere to standard job requirements.
· Comply with facility HIPAA Security Policies & Procedures by using only protected health information (PHI) needed to perform designated job responsibilities which include access to information contained in a patient’s records (other than information that has been restricted by the patient’s physician) for the purpose of treating the patient, including consulting with other professionals concerning the patient’s treatment.
· Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Knowledge and understanding of accident protocol.
· Must possess verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and with others.
· Ability to build trust and rapport with residents and families.
· Ability to work collaboratively with residents and Healthcare Center employees as needed.
· Must be able to work a varied schedule to include weekends, evenings and overnight.
· Must obtain a thorough knowledge of residents’ rooms, files and medical supplies.
· Must obtain medical knowledge to ensure proper care is given to all residents.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· 2-3 years’ experience as a licensed nurse in areas of Short-Term Rehabilitation or Orthopedics (preferred)
· 2-3 years’ experience as a licensed nurse in areas including but not limited to Skilled Nursing Facility or Dementia Care,
· Active KY Registered Nurse License – to maintain throughout the duration of employment in the position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
· Frequently communicates with employees, residents, family members, physicians etc.
· Occasionally lifts objects weight up to 50 pounds.
· Frequently remains in a standing position.
· Frequently stoops, kneels, or bends when assisting residents and coworkers with resident needs.
· Must be able to use all body limbs up to 100 percent capacity.
· Ability to work in either well-lit or dimly-lit, tempered room.