**Will be filled at the appropriate level based on experience**
Are you a go-getter with high initiative, a positive attitude and strong communication and relationship building skills? Do you come from an agriculture/farming or insurance background and love to help others succeed? Are you self-driven and able to work with limited direction? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you!
Who We Are: With Farm Bureau Financial Services, our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We’re proud of our more than 75-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You’ll Do: As an Ag Marketing Underwriter, you will look at Ag properties alongside an agent before the policy is bound. You will be responsible for exercising underwriting judgments to determine rate and risk selection for the Ag line business. This includes making modifications, rejections, cancellations, and non-renewal decisions in accordance with our policy. You will also monitor the current book of business to reduce the company’s losses. In this position, it is important to have marketing, agriculture and insurance experience so you can build rapport with our client/members. As an Ag Marketing Underwriter, you will be working from home and have control over your territory to grow Ag business. You will cover and must reside in the south central Nebraska territory, ideally around Grand Island or Hastings, NE.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- College degree or equivalent plus 1-5 years of relevant insurance experience required. Ag/farming experience is preferred.
- Progress towards industry education outlined in career development path is expected (AIC, AU, AFIS, CIC and CPCU).
- Required skills include customer service, team orientation, interpersonal and technical/business/industry regulations related skills.
- Must have excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Must keep up-to-date regarding local, state and federal rules and regulations to insure government compliance and meet company guidelines.
- Ability to work under pressure and shift priorities to achieve corporate and business unit goals.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills are required in order to quickly learn our multiple systems (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access skills preferred).
- A valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Records are required.
- Must be able to travel daily, spending approximately 50% or more of the time on the road. You may also have some travel with overnight stays.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
What We Offer You: When you’re on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You’ll hear about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, as well as a company car and cell phone. Farm Bureau....where the grass really IS greener!