Senior Traffic Engineer - Atlanta , Georgia
Our Parsons Corporation Atlanta ( Peachtree Corners) office is now hiring for an experienced Senior Traffic Engineer to perform conventional and moderately-complex engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses supporting various Georgia DOT road & highway projects in Southeast region . The Engineer at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices, and Company procedures. Qualified candidates should have a solid level of experience with MUTCD and AASHTO ; HCM and HCS ; Synchro/Sim Traffic Software and similar analysis tools; Traffic Signal design ; and signal timing development tools. Candidate will also need the ability to prepare traffic impact studies; develop and assess design and/or operational alternatives; and develop Transportation Management Plans (TMPs ) in accordance with local, state and federal policies and requirements. Willingness to travel to supplier, client, or construction site locations, is expected.
- Work with a team of engineers and technicians designing and producing a variety of traffic engineering projects.
- The responsibilities will include assisting in analysis, design and implementation of projects such as traffic impact studies, traffic operations studies, capacity analysis, traffic signal design, signal timing, signing, striping, lighting and traffic control plans.
- Strong working knowledge of traffic analysis software ( Synchro, HCS, VISSIM) is essential.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required. May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate-size project.
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
Must have a 4-year degree in Engineering ( or related field ) and at least 8 years or more of related work experience .
Professional Engineer License ( PE) is required.
Georgia DOT experience is desirable.
Skills / Competencies :
Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
Microstation or AutoCAD proficiency is a must. SYNCHRO and VISSIM experience is required, HCS and SIDRA expertise is preferred. Signal timing experience is preferred.