The purpose of this job is to participate in the acquisition of petroleum products to support blended fuel sales, monitor petroleum market conditions (wholesale and retail), disseminate daily biofuels pricing to customers, disseminate retail cardlock pricing, monitor inventories, support internal systems to optimize results, and be an active and helpful liaison to Sales & marketing personnel.
Daily Price Distribution (Wholesale and Retail)
• The key performance indicator will be the successful communication of daily prices for REG biofuels at the rack and on a delivered basis to prospects and customer across the country. Proper build up of component costs that determine the sales price will be required. Multiple changes may be made in a single day. All must be balanced against the competitive environment.
• Another primary performance indicator will be the daily review and pricing of retail cardlocks. Proper build up of component costs that determine the sales price will be required as well as the competitive retail environment. Proper documentation of retail pricing moves and environment will need to be maintained.
Axxis Software/Fuel Management Solutions, TABS, Magellan Atlas
• The incumbent will develop expertise related to Axxis Fuel Management Solutions software, TABS software, and Magellan-Atlas software, or any other software as may arise. Axxis software is used for petroleum price acquisition and disseminating biofuels pricing to customers. Incumbent will act as key input person for sales set up requirements. TABS software is for monitoring, allocating, and adjusting inventories. Magellan-Atlas is for optimizing petroleum supply.
• The incumbent will assist in the gathering and monitoring of petroleum wholesale rack pricing and retail pricing. Cause and effect analysis of key drivers to pricing will be needed.
• The incumbent will monitor and prepare a daily recap of REG’s current physical inventory position and reconcile that back to REG’s paper position. Pro-active physical monitoring and allocation setting via TABS will be required.
• Assist in design and implementations of key business projects
• Assist and analyze results with supporting research and proper documentation
• When called upon will assist with the evaluation, design and implementation of key business projects that support the business units
Other frequent duties:
• Coordinate and be a positive influence with inside and outside sales team members to ensure competitive sales and pricing objectives and policies are established and followed
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education Required: 4-year bachelor’s degree – Accounting, Finance, Economics or related business degree
Experience Required: 0-1; 1-2 years petroleum background preferred but not required
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
Advanced math and accounting skills
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
Advanced Excel skills (Pivot table, Macros, Advanced Excel Functions)
Background in Petroleum, Agriculture or Energy markets
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.A