Our client is a public accounting firm. They are looking for a Temp to Perm Tax Accountant to join their Manhattan, NY office.
- Oversee all Individual, Partnership and Corporate Income tax returns
- Manage Foreign filings including FBARs, Form 1116, 5471, 5472, etc.
- Complete sales tax returns for clients in various industries
- Monitor Commercial rent tax returns for clients in various industries
- Review and respond to government notices on the client's behalf
- Prepare and analyze fixed assets and related depreciation schedules
- Asses income statement and balance sheet
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field
- CPA and/or Masters in Taxation
- 3-4 years’ experience preparing tax returns in a CPA firm
- Strong understanding of FBAR reporting, PFIC reporting, and other foreign jurisdiction reporting a plus
- Skilled in MS Excel and Word, QuickBooks and/or Peachtree
- Knowledge of ProSystem Fx Tax, Engagement and/or Fixed Assets a plus
- Bilingual in Italian preferred
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 9685
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Abacus Group specializes in the placement of Accounting & Finance, Accounting Support, Financial Services, Administrative Support and Information Technology professionals. Abacus Group prioritizes quality over quantity to create winning employment matches. The firm’s personal, diligent, and informed approach to recruitment has been honored by Inavero’s Best of Staffing designation, awarded to only two percent of the industry. Internally, Abacus Group maintains a familial, supportive, and transparent company culture, as evidenced by its repeated recognition as one of one of the “Best Places to Work in New York City” by Crain’s New York Business. Abacus Group is headquartered in New York City with an additional office in Los Angeles.
View the full profile