Under general supervision, the System Setup Specialist administers all global front-end system setup including new additions to the system as well as maintaining existing set up and functionality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Administers and maintains all global system setup functions related to inventory and/or yield.
- Supports and assists the business with ad-hoc system setup requests, tasks and business projects as required.
- Sets up and maintains Global Reservations functionality, Exchange Automation and Reservation Delivery Automation system setup functions.
- Investigates and troubleshoots system setup errors and issues.
- Resolves queries brought to attention by members, colleagues and external industry partners in person, by telephone as well as in writing.
- Finds solutions to system setup inaccuracies in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
- Maintains an up-to-date and accurate system setup tracking and/or ticketing system.
- Documents all processes related to key business decisions and information.
- Liaises with other departments, including management levels as required.
- Supports the Yield and Inventory Management departments where necessary with bookings.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Less than a high school education.
- No prior experience or training required.
- No supervisory experience required.
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to troubleshoot system issues.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Cash handling skills (the ability to count currency, make and count back change).
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: CC-0000LI
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
At Diamond Resorts™, we have nearly 8,000+ team members who deliver unforgettable vacation experiences to members, owners and guests around the globe each and every day. Our teams have a passion for hospitality, customer service, and consistently go above and beyond expectations.
View the full profile
Our relentless leaders ensure that our teams stay motivated and engaged, and deliver on our mission, while growing their careers. Plus, because we’re a leader in the vacation ownership industry, Diamond is constantly growing and creating new, innovative ways for our members to vacation.
Diamond Resorts International Marketing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer