To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison, CT
- Alivia Rhault
- Phone: 203-458-8532 x15
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Direct Support Professional
SARAH Tuxis • Madison, CT
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Now Hiring Full Time, Part Time & Per Diem Employees (CPR, PMT, First Aid and MED CERTIFIED)
The overall purpose of Direct Support Professionals at SARAH Tuxis are to support individuals receiving services from SARAH Tuxis to live the fullest and richest life that they choose.
Direct Support Professionals must:
- Advocate for the individuals that we support by encouraging them to share their wants, needs and desires.
- Have a willingness to accept direction from the individuals who receive service.
- Complete daily necessary quality documentation of the process, progress and achievement of personal outcomes must be completed.
- Assist individuals in exploring activities in their communities.
- Be proactive regarding matters of health and safety and assure that any issue that may arise is responded to in a timely and responsible fashion.
- Complete all necessary documentation regarding medical, behavioral, dietary, and therapeutic supports.
- Assure that personal care needs of the individuals are met.
Trainings and Certifications:
- Employees are expected to complete all In-Service Trainings as required by DDS and SARAH Tuxis.
- Must be able to obtain CPR, First Aid and State Medication Administration Certificate.
● High School Diploma or equivalent
● Valid Connecticut Driver's License, Registration, and Insured Vehicle
● Proof of Employment Eligibility
● Able to obtain PMT, CPR, First Aid and state Medication Certifications
● Ability to make independent decisions and accept supervision
● A commitment to treating people with dignity and respect
● Willingness to be a team player
● Models a positive attitude
● Ability to listen and communicate with others