To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6800 Lakewood Plaza Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
- Carolyn Argo
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Resort Recreation Manager
Loews Hotels & Resorts • Orlando, FL
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando is now Hiring a Recreation Manager for the Sapphire Falls Resort
- *Must have previous experience managing a large staff of Lifeguards
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The individual must posess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Minimum of Associates Degree
- Minimum two to three years recreation/fitness management experience
- Excellent communication skills-oral and written
- Strong leadership skills
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to swim
- Previous lifeguard certification through a certified Swim Program (i.e. Red Cross, YMCA, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation or Hospitality Management
- Experience with high volume pool/recreation facility
- Previous or current Ellis Lifeguard Certification
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Directly manages the operations and staff of all Recreation, Fitness Center, and Lifeguard, ensuring complete compliance with hotel safety, service, and grooming standards
- Oversees the operation of the pool
- Oversees the pool programs such as towel issue, retail sales at the pool, and Attendant service programs
- Uphold the Ellis & Associates standards emphasizing on prevention, professionalism, accountability and proactive risk management
- Maintain daily safety inspections including pool chemical levels, (AED) equipment, emergency oxygen equipment, and all additional safety equipment
- Conduct twice daily (VAT) Vigilance Awareness Training sessions
- Hold and log daily Ellis & Associates required daily training sessions and scenarios
- Maintain and enforce efficient and timely guard rotations
- Maintain and track cumulative monthly life guard in-service records
- Interviews and recruits all Recreation, Fitness Center and Lifeguard employees
- Reviews and submits vendor contracts to Hotel Manager’s approval prior to the hiring and scheduling of an activity
- Establishes, ensures adherence to all departmental and Loews Hotels guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Evaluates changes in guest needs, the hotel’s guest mix, and industry and competitive trends to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes to be made to ensure guest and employee satisfaction, and to maintain market dominance and exceptional financial returns.
- Prepares seasonal recreation activity schedules and participates in the planning and development of holiday and special event programs
- Ensures proper posting of activities and special event information
- Maintains optimal staffing levels within forecasted budgetary guidelines
- Prepares weekly schedule for department
- Completes appropriate shift reports
- Reviews/maintains daily payroll records/reports
- Evaluates individual employee performance, determining improvement and training needs and advancement requirements
- Communicates information about hotel and recreation programs to all guest contact departments to facilitate greater utilization and to promote incremental revenues
- Ensures that all recreation programs are executed in accordance with all hotel and safety guidelines
- Inspects the general appearance and functionality of all activities/recreation spaces including sanitation, temperature, lighting, and musical elements
- Prepares annual departmental budget and manages departmental costs, updating budget if operational forecasts change significantly
- Oversees and ensures accuracy of all cashier functions
- Responsible for accurate recording and submittal of payroll information
- Schedules and coordinates monthly recreation staff meetings
- Maintains the clean and excellent working condition of the following areas: pool deck, game room, and any other hotel space set up for a planned recreational activity
We offer Great Benefits and a Great Internal Promotion Program!
Job Type: Full-time