TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, an innovative IT professional services firm located just outside the Washington DC beltway, is looking for candidates with a high degree of versatility, integrity, and technical ability for a novel research and development program benefitting some of the most-prestigious government agencies.
TISTA’s approach is to go beyond contractual requirements and pursue innovative projects that allow it to exceed customer requirements. In addition to developing with leading-edge application web/mobile and big data frameworks, employees will be challenged to demonstrate creativity and adaptability; the ability to safeguard sensitive information and work independently; and to ability to contribute on tight-knit, cross-functional teams within an agile, startup culture. This is an excellent opportunity for self-starters with the ability to stay active and productive during an early-stage project.
- Design and develop scalable web applications with rich and modern user experiences using React, Node, and Postgres
- Work with engineering team to investigate design approaches as well as evaluate new technology and technical feasibility
- Develop UI/UX for high usability
- Engineer APIs and database objects for high performance
- Collaborate with engineering team to forecast functionality that will be developed during each sprint
- Write high-quality and reusable production code
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging sites for review and feedback
- Optimize applications to ensure high performance
- Implement comprehensive security and data protection
- Implement unit and integration tests to cover code
- Self-start, maintain focus on sprint assignments, and ask for additional work if completing sprint assignments early
- Proactively identify and lead implementation of opportunities to improve solution under development
- Work out of our Rockville, MD office (some teleworking possible at discretion of Product Owner)
- 3 years of professional production experience with React (preferred), Angular, Express, Vue, Node or similar frameworks
- 5 years of professional production development experience with Postgres (preferred) or MySQL
- 10 years of professional experience designing and developing web applications
- Experience with production workloads on AWS
- Experience with RESTful Services and APIs
- Portfolio or samples of past work and projects
- Experience working on a cross-functional Scrum team
- Strong understanding of development best practices (e.g., coding standards/reviews, testing operations)
- Experience using version control systems such as Git
- Experience using issue tracking tools such as JIRA
Location: Our convenient Rockville, MD headquarters
Clearance Requirements: Candidates that are clearable to a Department of Defense secret-level clearance are highly preferred
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is recognized in 2019 by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US. TISTA is also a recipient of 2019 Top Veteran-Owned Companies by the Washington Business Journal. TISTA also received a 2018 Moxie Award in the GovCon category.
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
#thinktista #tistacares #tistavaluesvets
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of TISTA to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. TISTA will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Full Stack Developer (React)
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Tista is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Full Stack Developer (React) or call
(301) 968-3420 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Amazon Web Services
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development