Pilot Freight Service is seeking to hire a full time Account Executive for our WASHINGTON, DC station which is located in DULLES, VA. The hours for this position are 09:00 AM to 17:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Responsible for the revenue growth of customers in a defined geographic territory; services all current customers and uncovers prospective opportunities for new business; works with the local and corporate management sales teams in developing new business.
Work with the District Manager and corporate sales teams to increase the wallet share of existing customers and uncover new opportunities to pursue and close.
Stay current on all the products and services offered. Attend training classes to further expand your knowledge and proficiency.
Interact regularly with local management and develop close and cooperative working relationship with operations staff to ensure the customer's needs are met.
Develop a sales budget from the bottom up for your designated territory. Project the trends of current clients along with new opportunities from your list of target accounts
- Ensure that a flow of sales leads are constantly coming into the territory: work with drivers,
- telemarketing, and customer service. Daily telephone prospecting and regular in person cold calls are expected.
- Build long lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with internal departments to help create a better customer experience
- Follow-up with new clients and operations to ensure a seamless integration when onboarding new clients.
- Present and demonstrate our value proposition to prospective buyers.
Participate in any promotional programs that are developed by Marketing: attend local marketing customer events with key clients
- Schedule and conduct a predetermined number of face-to-face sales calls as directed by regional and local management team;
- Utilize Salesforce or the current CRM program to build a database of key information for your territory.
- Track new opportunities and work with management to secure new customers
- Participate in the training of new hires as directed by local management
- Exceed all assigned revenue goals: Work with management on any customers that require yield improvement within the territory
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have a proven track record in sales, preferably transportation and logistics
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Team sell with the various corporate subject matter experts (SME’s)
- Must be computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce CRM
- Some local travel involved
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)