INEOS Lima Chemicals seeks a Rotating Equipment Mechanic for its Lima, OH location.
The Rotating Equipment Mechanic is expected to:
- Know, understand and apply safety standards, safe working practices and procedures. Use safety equipment provided to avoid personal injury, injury to others and damage to equipment.
- Read, understand and follow written instructions and procedures including cross section and exploded view drawings of the equipment for disassembly, repair and reassembly of the following types of rotating machinery.
¨ Pumps ranging in size from small metering pumps to large horizontal and vertical centrifugal pumps.
¨ Compressors, both centrifugal and reciprocating driven either by electric motor or turbine.
¨ Gear units, both speed increasing and speed reducing.
¨ Centrifuges, large process type.
¨ Agitators and mixers.
¨ Steam turbines.
¨ Fans, squirrel cage and blade types.
¨ Rotary air locks (fluidizers)
¨ Other miscellaneous rotating equipment.
- Disassemble and reassemble journal bearings and seals.
- Make basic line breaks and pipe makeups.
- Perform lubrication tasks including greasing, oiling, and oil sample collection and results review.
- Have basic working knowledge in troubleshooting mechanical failures in rotating equipment and recommending corrective measures.
- Be able to review maintenance manuals, manufacturer’s catalogs, blueprints and other references for specifications and performance information.
- Be able to utilize specialized equipment in troubleshooting rotating equipment to determine and locate causes of trouble. This includes vibration monitoring equipment and software, and basic understanding of interpreting that data.
- Show basic proficiency in the use of specialized tools used for the construction of equipment foundations and the installation of rotating equipment.
- Align rotating equipment using precision alignment tools such as lasers and dial indicators.
- SAP proficiency upon issues found:
a. Update / create work plans to correct issues found during vibration data collection, lubrication analysis or other method.
b. Update / create bill of materials to make current to vendor parts
c. Update / create preventive maintenance plans based on feedback from manufacturer, rotating technicians, reliability engineers and subject matter experts.
- Effective computer skills and knowledge and ability to utilize. Microsoft Office and internet navigation skills required.
- Accomplish training as needed to stay current on equipment technology.
- Be able to work on a team with a positive proactive personality.
The preferred candidate will have chemical plant experience. Trade Union experience is also a plus.
INEOS offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. The pay for this position starts at $32.77 per the local collective bargaining agreement and increases to $43.70 when fully qualified.
Interested candidates should send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org