The Payroll Administrator (Beltsville, Maryland) is responsible for full-cycle payroll processing to ensure employees are paid accurately and on time; and administration of benefits management. This position is responsible for processing and distributing information about payroll and benefits. The ideal candidate will be well-organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and a team player with a variety of experience and, able to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities.
Payroll Administrator Responsibilities
- Prepare and process weekly payrolls for multiple states.
- Accurately process data for new hires, terminations, rate changes, position changes, etc.
- Maintain employee leave balances, benefit payroll deductions, and garnishments.
- Run and provide payroll reports to appropriate team members.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and irregularities.
- Assist with verification of employment requests.
- Assist with HRIS system maintenance.
- Assist with delivery of requested documentation during audits.
- Comply with local, state and federal payroll regulations.
- Coordinate, track and report completion of various employee required tasks.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect HR and payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Support HR team and company hiring managers with the hiring process and onboarding of new employees and contractors.
- Provide timesheet support to employees and managers.
- Assist with off-boarding process for terminated employees.
- Collect and validate employee data for input into the payroll system for pay calculation.
- Administer federal mandated new hire reporting.
- Verify the payroll and calculation results.
- Administer the processes to issue the physical paychecks.
- Generate the payroll tax file and verify mandated returns and remittances for all employees and the employer payroll taxes.
Payroll Administrator Compensation
- Competitive compensation packages dependent on experience and work history.
- Premium employee benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, 401(k), vacation and sick time.
- 3+ years experience of payroll processing experience
- Demonstrated understanding of payroll and payroll tax processes
- Construction payroll experience preferred
- Viewpoint Vista experience preferred
Attention To Detail