Job Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
Directs housekeeping program to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of the casino and other buildings owned or operated by the Twenty Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period.
- Establish standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
- Train and develop staff through coaching, counseling, positive, and corrective disciplinary actions.
- Plan work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- Ensure performance evaluations/progressive disciplinary actions are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Inspect and evaluate physical condition of establishment.
- Submit to management recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space.
- Use a systematic approach in planning, organizing, delegating, and directing performance.
- Periodically inventories supplies and equipment.
- Investigate new and improved cleaning instruments and methods.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Directly supervises all employees in housekeeping, porters and janitor. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (MUST BE DOCUMENTED):
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school
- Or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSES AND ANY ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must pass periodic random drug screens
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk or sit; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally carry up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
- This is not a smoke free environment.
- This is a gaming facility.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on a 24-hour, 7 – day per week basis.