Accounting Manager – Permanent – Direct Hire Position
The Accounting Manager will report to the Assistant Controller and Director of Finance Reporting.
Lead areas of the general ledger close and ensure a timely and accurate
delivery of financial statements and reporting. The ideal candidate will have a strong accounting
background with a mix of both public accounting and operational accounting experience. This
position will oversee the work of lower-level accountants and/or accounting managers and resolve
escalated research issues. The manager of accounting will build strong working relationships with all
levels of finance staff in other locations and supervise/manage a group of senior level and junior
• Draft accounting memos and position papers as necessary. Present recommendations and
proposals to accounting leadership.
• Assist in maintaining detailed internal control documentation that supports both preparation of
original work and review of subordinate work in accordance with the requirements of the
Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the standards established by the Public Company Accounting
• Manage the monthly closing process for specifically assigned areas of responsibility including
reviewing the general ledger activity for accuracy and completeness.
• Prepare or review detailed monthly variance analyses to verify the integrity of monthly financial
• Define and implement continuous improvement of financial and operational processes in order
to maximize efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of reported financial results.
• Assist and support the Financial Reporting team as needed.
• Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports.
• Assist with internal and external auditors for quarterly and annual audits
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in accounting
• Big 4 public accounting & multi-national/ multi-currency environment experience preferred
• Experience working for a public company
• CPA Certification preferred
• Strong technical accounting skills and understanding of GAAP
• A background in public accounting or a proven ability to review work with an auditor’s lens
• Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to create and review work using advanced formulas
Schedule: Mon – Fri 8:30 – 5:00pm
Location: Miami, Fl 33137
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles