Immediate need for a talented Advanced Process/Manufacturing Engineer with experience in the Manufacturing Industry. This is a 15+ Months Contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Nebraska City, NE. Please review the job description below.
Job ID: 19-36968
Job Title: Advanced Process/Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Nebraska City, NE 68410
Duration: 15 Months Contract
• The role of the Advanced Process Engineer is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
• This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
• Will evaluate appropriate AR's, perform duties within broad procedural guidelines of well-defined policies.
• Limited supervision is provided as needed and results reviewed periodically.
• Must work effectively with Accounting, Purchasing, Production Control, Production Supervisors, Production Personnel, Quality Assurance and all levels of management.
• Recommend new and revised materials for existing, revised, and new product designs. Assist in product design as required.
• Frequent contact with vendors, Accounting, Purchasing, Production Control, Quality Assurance, Machine Shop, Maintenance, and Production.
Key Responsibilities (Project Scope):
• Complex work performed within a framework of departmental or functional policies and practices requiring a moderate degree of original thinking.
• This work is performed under direction as to assignment, the general method of execution and review of results.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end and provide ongoing support to supervision.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals. Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path. Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
• Keep pace with state-of-the-art technologies and transfer that knowledge into current and future manufacturing practice.
• Recommend and coordinate the design and implementation of new or revised capital equipment.
• Research, evaluate and recommend capital expenditures. Assist in developing and evaluating standard costs.
• Assist in the design of special equipment, tooling, and fixtures. Layout workstations and provide associated fixturing.
• There may be times when a temporary work assignment is necessary in order to maintain the production requirements of the department. Work assignments will be made at the discretion of Management.