Imagine life without the telephone. Millions of people in the United States have trouble hearing on the phone due to hearing loss. This is a real, everyday barrier. Thanks to CaptionCall, people who are hard-of hearing are able to read what a caller is saying when they are on the phone. We need Captioning Agents to help provide this important service. We are looking for bright, efficient, and energetic individuals who learn fast and have basic computer and typing skills. Speed, accuracy, and confidentiality are vital in this position to meet our goal to provide CaptionCall users the best experience possible on the phone. As part of the CaptionCall team, you are the crucial component in the process that improves the quality of life for people who have trouble hearing on the phone.
We are seeking caring Captioning Agents (CA’s) to caption telephone calls. This is an entry level position with a growing, enthusiastic team. We are currently hiring part-time positions with the opportunity for full-time employment in the future. CaptionCall offers flexible scheduling to accommodate your lifestyle.
CaptionCall performs captioning communication services that are regulated by the Federal Communications Commission. These regulations include requirements on answer times, prohibit hang-up, mandate absolute confidentiality and limit call transfers to current FCC Regulations. Calls cannot be recorded and therefore there are no transcriptions of calls. All call content must be kept strictly confidential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide excellent customer service by dictating/captioning a variety of conversational topics verbatim.
• Maintain a high level of dictation speed and accuracy.
• Maintain strict consumer confidentiality.
• Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
• Must be able to pass a typing skills evaluation.
• Must be able to pass entry level dictation assessment
• Possess basic computer skills including knowledge of MS Windows.
• Knowledge of English language structure and content, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
• Ability to hear and speak clearly in order to effectively dictate.
• Ability to correct and edit text on a computer.
• High school diploma or equivalent, or call center experience.
Other General Requirements/Additional Notes
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Punctual and reliable attendance.
• Ability to work various shift assignments as influenced by customer demand.
• Provide excellent customer service by captioning exactly what is being said without any variation.
• Ability to sit and/or stand at a desk and work with a computer for extended periods of time.
• Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time and complete full calls.
• Ability to work and focus in an environment with noise and other distractions.
• Ability to work productively during calls on a wide range of subjects, including emergency situations.
• Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.
, because life is calling.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CaptionCall® is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Update Customer Information
Take Customer Order
Utilize Questioning Skill