Our company inspires our employees to be successful by providing an excellent work environment and training. Our company promotes a team-oriented work culture and our leadership cares deeply about our staff well-being. If you are looking for a position where you can apply your skills and build a thriving and rewarding career - come join us!
Well established publicly traded bio tech company seeking an experienced Senior Accounting Manager and the position will be reporting to a very supportive manager.
This position reports to the Director of Accounting, the Senior Accounting Manager is a “hands-on” position with direct responsibility for Arcus’ daily accounting operations, month and quarter-end closing and operational accounting including certain equity responsibilities. This position will work with the internal finance team and external team (auditors, tax, etc.) and will be responsible for execution and review of core accounting functions.
· Coach, manage and develop staffs (currently 3 direct reports) to meet goals and deliver strong support to business partners
· Coordinate with purchasing, manage operational accounting, and support accounts payable and payroll
· Manage accounting close calendar and ensure closing objectives are met
Manage the General Ledger system, accounting operations, month-end and quarterly close
· Prepare monthly/quarterly financial statements and provide consolidated data for reporting purposes
· Review semi-monthly payroll for processing
· Ensure A/P personnel is applying correct and timely payments to all vendors
· Oversee vendor on-boarding and wire/ACH bank account setup process
· Monitor bank balances, review journal entries and account reconciliations for cash and investment accounts
· Maintain fixed asset subledger and support ASC 842 lease accounting
· Complete account reconciliations for accuracy and completeness, maintaining GAAP compliance
· Complete, accurate and fully supported monthly close journal entries
· Participate and support the maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements with internal/external auditors
· Develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls
· Support annual audits and quarterly reviews with external auditors
· Support NetSuite implementation efforts
· Special ad-hoc projects, as needed (system/process implementations and/or policies)
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in accounting operations
· Minimum of a BA, CPA preferred
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the role of finance and accounting in supporting the company’s strategy
· Strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX 404 compliance
· Solid experience helping to coordinate financial book closings, audits and financial statement preparation
· Proven success working well under pressure, highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to work in an environment with continued process improvement and changes
· Experience using NetSuite, ADP, Concur, and Coupa
· Accounting experience in Biotechnology preferred
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We care about diversity and inclusivity and foster an environment that celebrates individuality and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race. status, veteran status, age, disability, or race.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles