To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mount Rainier, MD 20712
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Account Payable Specialist
Edgewood • Mount Rainier, MD
Posted 27 days ago
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist in Mount Rainier, MD!
Edgewood Management Corporation is a 45 year old, premiere affordable property management company, responsible for 27,000 units in fourteen states and the District of Columbia. Edgewood’s portfolio represents a variety of multifamily product that includes high-rise, mid-rise, garden and townhouse style rental units.
Edgewood Management Corporation provides superior management services for a variety of residential properties and has an exceptional track record to resolve problems and reposition troubled assets in all areas: operations, administrative, financial and physical. Edgewood Management Corporation recognized as the 9th largest manager of Affordable Housing by the National Affordable Housing Management Association and the 50th largest manager by the National Multi-Housing Council.
Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients and our employees. Edgewood Management Corporation offers a supportive environment where employees are encouraged to develop their skills and talents to their fullest potential. Edgewood is always looking for positive, motivated, and hardworking individuals to join our Edgewood Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain an excellent customer service relationship with all vendors
· Process invoices timely and accurately, ensuring the proper GL code is used, as well as comparing the expense to the budgeted amount
· Ensure invoices are approved by the appropriate community personnel prior to processing
· Enter utility consumption data each month
· Request lien waivers for invoices expenses over $5,000
· Process Cash Disbursement Vouchers (CDV’s) as necessary
· Process utility subsidies as necessary
· Demonstrates the ability to resolve vendor complaints and directs pertinent issues and matters to the Community Manager
· Process resident lease renewals
· Manage resident renewal process
· Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
A high school education or equivalent is required. A college degree is suggested, but not required. The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, the ability to accurately perform intermediate and occasional complex mathematical functions and the ability to understand and perform all on-site resident management software functions.
A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in residential property management, business accounting or a related field is required.
The position requires excellent skills in the management and motivation of people and the ability to communicate effectively with residents, prospects, and vendors. In addition, the position requires, but is not limited to, the following:
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong administrative and organizational skills
· Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize wisely
· Strong customer service skills
· Good understanding of basic accounting practices
· Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
· Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and OneSite
· Intermediate knowledge of the Internet
Learning & Development:
Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal development and career growth though career path activities provided by the company and external sources as needed.
Edgewood prides itself on offering extensive, market-competitive health and welfare benefits, including:
· Medical, Dental & Vision
· Prescription Drug Program
· Paid Vacation & Holiday
· Paid Personal/ Sick Leave
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Company Paid AD& D Insurance
· Company Paid Short- Term
· Company Paid Long-term Disability
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Dependent Supplemental Life Insurance
· Educational Assistance
· Financial Planning
· Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
· Company outings and events
Equal Opportunity Employer