Director of Human Resources
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible to partner with all sections of Human Resources, (General HR, Benefits, and Staffing). The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management in developing HR programs and policies. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, training, employee relations, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance.
Our ideal candidates should have solid experience with HR practices and administration systems. Should be highly efficient, organized, and approachable.
· To help with all on-boarding and off-boarding of employees, partnering with payroll, staffing, IT, and other HR members for a successful transition on and off the company roster.
· Ability to help develop, implement, support, and review Human Resource Department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems.
· Continued involvement in and refinement of HR processes, including generating job descriptions, posting advertisements, a nd assisting the hiring process.
· Strategic skills for the development and evaluate of onboarding processes.
· Administer training and development programs.
· Maintaining physical and digital files for employees and related documents.
· Ensuring confidentiality for employee disciplinary and grievance issues.
· Administrative duties, including upkeep tracking attendance, I-9, EEO data etc.
· Compliance with all policies and legal requirements.
· Perceptive nature, careful monitoring of working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
· Collaborating with outside vendors and upper management on select projects .
Successful Candidates Will Demonstrate
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company.
· A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
· Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
· Strong solution focus and being comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables.
· Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
· Strong internal and external customer service focus.
· The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results.
· Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization.
· Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
· Use skills gained as an experienced professional, works on resolving a wide range of issues within team/department in imaginative as well as practical ways.
· Operates with autonomy and discretion.
· BS/BA in business administration or relevant field or Human Resources preferred.
· 3 to 5 years successful work experience as a Human Resources specialist, generalist, administrator, or other HR position.
· Strong working knowledge of general HR functions and procedures.
· Commitment to staying current on understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of HRIS is a plus.
· Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now.
· Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
· Aptitude for critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making.
· Strength of character, ethics, and commitment, and reliability.
· HR Credentials (e.g. SHRM-CP or PHR Certification Institute) preferred.
All positions will require, to some degree, the physical abilities described below in order to perform the essential functions of the job:
Work the expected hours, consistently arrive at work at the agreed time and follow Company rules and guidelines regarding breaks and meal periods. Full time is typically considered to be 40 hours per week.
· Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Move around and through all work areas as needed.
· Lift and/or move up to 30 pounds (i.e. boxes, carts, books, reports, binders, etc.).
· Regularly sit at the assigned workstation.
· Use keyboard or equivalent equipment to access the computer.
· Use hands to manipulate documents and general paperwork to view contents.
· Read documents, reports, files, etc.
· Communicate effectively using the telephone & video conferencing.
Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With 1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing.
Electro Rent is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of a pre-employment background investigation that may consist of, but is not limited to, a: pre-employment drug & alcohol screen, criminal background investigation, and documentation required by the Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986 or other applicable regulations. During the background investigation process, a record of conviction or other adverse issues will not necessarily disqualify a candidate from employment. Electro Rent will consider factors such as 1) the length of time that has passed since the offense or adverse issue; 2) age at the time of the offense or adverse issue; 3) the severity and nature of the offense or adverse issue; 4) the relationship of the offense or adverse issue to the position for which you have applied, and 5) evidence of rehabilitation. Additionally, candidates who refuse to submit to a drug and alcohol test or who fail to show up for a drug test within the required time will no longer be considered for employment, and any offer of employment will be rescinded.
Conduct Employee Orientation
Hr Management Systems
Human Resources Information System (Hris)