DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE):
• Champion Safety and Environmental at the facility, utilizing influential leadership skills to drive and improve the facility culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance.
• Generate, review & submit daily, weekly, monthly and annual safety and environmental reports. Coordinate and take samples as needed.
• Lead safety training sessions for a variety of people including new and existing team members and contractors
• Remain up to date on new safety-related regulations, safety equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Ensure written safety programs are reviewed and kept current. Communicate changes to team members.
• Be an active participant in the local safety committee meetings.
• Lead and direct safety and environmental audits, incident investigations and other activities as needed throughout the facility.
• Serve as the local expert resource for environmental compliance issues, including a thorough understanding of the facility’s environmental permits, hazardous waste management, stormwater, RMP, SPCC, and other applicable state and federal regulatory requirements.
• Maintain permit required recordkeeping for a variety of environmental programs.
• Lead and/or participate in team established guidelines to identify root cause analysis of environmental, health and safety concerns.
• Collect data, manage filing systems of the EH&S management systems, and maintain training records for each team member.
• Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill may be put to a lot of other uses!
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a safety, environmental science, or engineering field or 6 plus years of experience in EHS work preferred.
• 2 or more years of safety-related work experience. Construction safety experience is beneficial.
• Required certification, or ability to obtain within 6 months of starting the position:
• National Safety Council’s Advanced Safety Certificate.
• Higher level certifications can be substituted, these include:
o National Registry of Environmental Professionals Certified Environmental and Safety Compliance Officer Certificate, Associate Safety Professional, Certified Safety Professional, or Professional Engineer.
• Completed professional development; OSHA General Industry 30-Hour, Principles of Occupational Safety & Health (POSH), DOT Hazmat Transportation, OSHA Construction 10-hour, 24 hour HAZWOPER, and HAZWOPER Train-The-Trainer; or equivalent courses.
• You know how to engage an audience, no matter the size, while presenting and training on important environmental and safety related topics.
• Proficient filing, documentation, record keeping and organizational skills required.
• Workers’ Compensation administration experience preferred.
• Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to embrace change.
• You communicate effectively in writing and in person.
• You have the ability to learn the technical and day to day operation of a bioprocessing facility including air, water environmental permits.
• Know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. Capable of learning new programs.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
WHY WORK FOR POET?
We believe POET stands alone as the most seasoned, accomplished and efficient force in biorefining. People like you made that happen.
With the right mix of creativity, hard work and team play, we can make great things happen for a lot of people. For you, there are many rewards:
- Personal fulfillment -- sharpening your own expertise among the brightest, most seasoned in the industry
- The energy that comes with developing an exploding new industry
- Collaborating with colleagues who know how to get the job done right
- Work that makes a real difference for thousands of people in communities across the country
- Work that has significant global impact in both environmental and economic terms
- A chance to make your mark on more than an industry, but a movement
This kind of responsibility may not be for everyone. If you're ready to take it on, we want to hear from you. This much we can guarantee: At POET, every day brings something new. We hope one of them brings us you.
POET offers a competitive benefit program that allows you to select the coverages that best fit your needs. The POET benefit plan includes:
- Health plans
- Prescription drug plan
- Dental and Vision plan(s)
- Health Saving's Account
- Flexible spending accounts for health and child care expenses
- 401(k) plan
- Income protection plans (Short- and long-term disability)
- Company paid term life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance (AD&D)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Supplemental accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Spouse and dependent life insurance plans
- Paid time-off programs
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Smoke free campus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Team member assistance program
At POET, we believe in creativity from common sense. For more than two decades, we have had a relentless focus on developing technologies that make ethanol production more efficient. We strive to produce ethanol and other biorefined products with the smallest possible environmental footprint.
Today, we have a network of 27 plants in seven states with a capacity of more than 1.6 billion gallons of ethanol, 9 billion pounds of high protein animal feed and thousands of pounds of bio-based oils and lubricants. POET provides turnkey development, design, engineering, construction, management and marketing services for our plant network.
POET Engineers and scientists have developed technology and processes through rigorous testing at POET’s laboratories and pilot-scale ethanol plant. We have an integrated business model that combines technology development with expertise in construction, operations, risk management and marketing.
As a purpose-driven company, we remain true to our mission to reduce the reliance of the United States on foreign energy, to revitalize global agriculture and to provide a cleaner, affordable alternative to fossil fuels.
POET BIOREFINING – Portland, IN
POET Biorefining - Portland began operations September 18, 2007. The state-of-the art ethanol production facility will consume approximately 24 million bushels of locally-grown corn to produce 68 million gallons of ethanol annually.
POET Biorefining - Portland will provide a high performance, environmentally-friendly fuel as well as a premium, high-quality Dakota Gold® brand livestock feed for regional, national and international markets.
WHY PORTLAND, IN?
Located in east central Indiana, just 50 miles south of Ft. Wayne lay the beautiful, historic town of Portland. This community offers excellent diversity for opportunities in economic development, employment, education, parks and recreation, cultural, many fine churches and civic organizations, and affordable housing, and a beautiful historic downtown. With so many opportunities available let Portland enrich your life. This community takes pride in the friendly atmosphere they create for those who choose to build a life there. Join the community of Portland today!
[ Link removed ]