GeoSpatial Data Specialist
5 Months plus possible extension or perm
REMOTE FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE
Are you passionate about geography, GIS, location-based services, and the Internet?
Do you have an interest for understanding the world’s geography and how its usage influences the online world?
We are looking for a GeoSpatial Data Specialist to participate in a variety of projects that will provide a location context to the internet and the ability to enrich the experience of its users by connecting them to the people, places and content relevant to them
- Research, extract, analyze, and manage geographic reference material
- Manipulate and curate geographic data from multiple sources for production mapping system
- Extrapolate general issues from specific issues
- Ensure geographic data meets accuracy and quality specifications
- Strong understanding of the world’s political geography (countries, administrative areas), named places and postal geography
- Good understanding of internet search tools
- Familiarity with geographic principles (coordinate systems, terminology, categorization, data schemas)
- Three years’ experience with GIS
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, innovator, and team player
- Familiarity with GIS tools, such as MapInfo, Quantum GIS, ESRI, FME (SafeSoft)
- Familiarity with SQL, Database management, Postgres, POSTGIS
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as GIS, GeoSpatial Technology, Geoinformatics, Geography
- Candidates with the above basic and advanced skills are encouraged to apply.
No Sub-Contract, Third Parties or Corp to Corp arrangements! W2 only!
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship will be considered. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Send resume to Jobs@staffinghq.com
Follow us on LinkedIn for job updates. https://www.linkedin.com/company/staffing-headquarters
Esri Gis (Software)
Quantum Gis (Qgis)
Geographic Information Systems