Enjoy reporting to a leader who is hands-off, direct and fair. They will hold you accountable and expect results but will not micromanage you in how you deliver the outcomes. This maintenance role services multiple locations surrounding the Milwaukee area on a daily basis, utilizing a company vehicle that you dispatch from your home!
Why Us? Because You Will Matter!
Our employees matter and we “get it”. Treating you right and caring about your career satisfaction are priorities for us! Together, we will strive for excellent care and service to our program participants in line with our mission, vision and values of VOA. Your contributions will be rewarded with a total compensation package that includes hourly salary, benefits, and PTO.
Essential Job Functions Include:
• Assists with the daily routine maintenance of Volunteers of America housing units
• Under the supervision of the maintenance professional, paints, cleans and performs necessary repairs at assigned locations
• Assists with outdoor facility maintenance on a year round basis
• Regularly completes basic maintenance of buildings and grounds according to company standards under the direction of the maintenance technician
• Responds to needs as requested to ensure they are met in a timely fashion
• Responds to on-call maintenance requests
• Addresses building safety issues in a timely manner
• Participates in the preparation for regulatory organization inspections
• Maintains all building and maintenance machines and equipment
Other Job Functions Include:
• Cooperatively works with other Volunteers of America staff to ensure overall company goals and objectives are met
• Completes anything necessary in order to enable coworkers to succeed
• Attends training as assigned
About Volunteers of America Wisconsin:
Through our hundreds of human service programs, including housing and healthcare, Volunteers of America helps more than 2 and a half million people in over 400 communities in 46 states as well as the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
• Ability to lift 100 lbs.
• Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
High School Diploma or equivalent. Drivers license required. Must be able to meet driving insurability requirements. Requires ability to safely and legally park company service vehicle, as this position dispatches from employee's residence. Minimum 1 year experience with home maintenance, contracting, and/or light maintenance. Knowledge of residential plumbing, electrical, construction and related tools/supplies is preferred.