Barry Isett & Associates (Isett) is a well-respected, multi-discipline engineering/consulting firm headquartered in Allentown, PA, with additional offices throughout eastern and central PA. We are proud to have been named a Morning Call Top Work Place numerous times, Corporate Citizen of the Year (by the Lehigh Valley Business Journal) and recipient of the Societas Award for Responsible Corporate Conduct (for Ethics).
We provide civil/land development, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, geotechnical, environmental, and municipal engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, code enforcement, plan review, construction management, special inspections and material testing, and grant writing services to clients in Pennsylvania and beyond.
We have new opportunities for client-focused civil engineers - who have experience serving municipal clients - to join our Hazleton and/or Wyoming Valley (Wilkes-Barre) PA offices.
Working under the direction of senior project managers, our municipal engineers can be responsible for any of the following:
• Storm water systems (including culvert design)
• Zoning and approvals process
• Curb and sidewalk projects (including handicap ramps) and other municipal projects.
• Storm water management
• Site design, grading, and erosion and sediment control plans
• Site utilities
• PennDOT/DEP permitting
• Hydraulic calculations
• Cost estimating
• Municipal water and wastewater treatment systems
• Extensions to municipal water and wastewater systems and privately-owned water and wastewater systems
• Roadway reconstruction and resurfacing projects
• Design and plan review of subdivisions and land development
• Preparing project proposals, contracts, and reports
• Attendance at client meetings
Because our employees are usually involved in several projects at one time, involving numerous team members (such as project manager, engineer, and CADD technician/designer), exceptional communications skills and the ability to work well with others is essential.
Isett offers a great potential for personal and professional growth. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, vision insurance, life, and disability insurances, 401k, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, vacation/holiday/sick pay, supplemental insurances, and flexible working schedules (as projects allow) in a professional, yet relaxed environment. Isett is an EOE. Learn more at www.BarryIsett.com.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
• Fundamentals of Engineering/E.I.T. certification; PE preferred
• Four years’ related work experience
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D (preferred)
• Prior client management (preferred)
• Ability to attend evening meetings
• Ability to travel to the Lehigh Valley office for training