The Developmental Specialist II in the Healthy Steps Program works alongside a pediatrician to provide the baby/toddler and family with a comprehensive approach to health care that supports parents/legal guardians in their roles as nurturers of the emotional, behavioral, intellectual and physical growth of their children. Under the supervision of the program supervisor, the Developmental Specialist II focuses on children from birth to age 3 years old addressing parents’ concerns about the child’s development and behavior.
● Conducts parent-consultations, home visits and parent group sessions with children and parents, as decided by the grant.
● Administers developmental screenings as prescribed by grant.
● Administers outcome measures tools as decided by grant.
● Provides on-site or off-site services, as defined by grant.
● Participates in 10 of 12 monthly staff meetings.
● Participates in monthly group supervision or as agreed upon with the grant program supervisor.
● Participates in 4 of 6 continuing education trainings.
● Provides daily documentation for each service rendered.
● Submits all documentation to grant program supervisor within given deadlines.
● Coordinates referrals, if needed, for services not covered by the grant.
● Collects data, as required by grant.
● Submits data to grant program supervisor within identified time frames.
A Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field. Experience working with children ages 0-3 preferred. Ability to collaborate with other service providers.
Background Screening is required
ICFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.