Safe Horizon is the nation's leading victim assistance organization and each year serves over 250,000 people who have been touched by violence. Recognized as a leader responding to the changing needs of its clients, Safe Horizon is sought after for its expertise on issues of violence and victimization in the City, the state and across the country. Whether responding to domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, trafficking or other violent crimes, Safe Horizon helps victims and their families increase their safety, begin to heal and rebuild their lives.
The AVP, Quality and Program Development works closely with the Chief Program Officer and Safe Horizon senior leadership to ensure successful program operations and high-quality client services. The AVP, Quality and Program Development plays a key role in ensuring achievement of the strategic plan goal to implement effective client-centered practice. The AVP, Quality and Program Development ensures that programs are implementing standardized client-centered safety assessment and risk management practices, while at the same time successfully achieving contracted deliverables. The AVP, Quality and Program Development oversees the Research and Evaluation Department, Learning and Staff Development Unit (with Human Resources), Program Administration, and Strategic Plan program development.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
· Provide direction and vision for enhanced services to young boys and men of color including expansion throughout all programming
· Oversee implementation, provide direction and vision for program development of strategic plan program elements
· Develop program design to respond and vet grants associated with new program development or program enhancements
Continuous Quality Improvement
· Provide ongoing guidance and support to programs on quality improvement plans, advise and problem-solve with the Research and Evaluation Team.
· Plan and manage In-Depth Case Reviews (IDCR) and ongoing Quality Improvement (QI) planning
· Continue to reflect on and revise the IDCR and QI process to maintain organizational focus and urgency.
· Provide overall support for actualization of Learning and Staff Development (LSD), Research and Evaluation (R/E), and strategic plan work plans
· Support ongoing recruitment and engaged of clients for participation in Speakers Bureau
· Support ongoing engagement of Leaders on the Horizon
· Manage with the Director of Program Operations and Administration, visits from international and external partners, servings as Safe Horizon leadership where appropriate
· Manage with the Director of Program Operations and Administration, clients who access headquarters seeking service.
· Represent Safe Horizon through participation in external workgroups and coalitions where appropriate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Understanding and commitment to Safe Horizon’s mission and strategic plan and a commitment to anti-racism work.
· Superior working knowledge of intimate partner and family violence issues.
· Experience providing direct client service in non-profit social service environment.
· Experience working with diverse populations.
· Demonstrated experience developing strategic initiatives and achieving results that are client centered to ensure that client needs are built into solutions and processes.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience assessing, developing, facilitating, and leading change strategies, with a solid understanding of how people and organizations go through the change process.
· Demonstrated managerial experience with a successful track record of instilling direction and leadership, mentoring staff, evaluation performance, and providing performance feedback.
· Demonstrated experience interacting with and influencing the decision making of senior management through a consultative management style.
· Successful track record of high level interpersonal, communications and listening skills as well as solid time management skills.
· Demonstrated experience in data analysis skills and a successful track record of using data to inform decisions.
· Able to manage multiple complex issues at the same time and exercise sound judgment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
· Willingness to travel within all New York City boroughs.
Bachelor’s degree desirable and at least 4 years of relevant supervisory experience in a social service organization, with a desired background within an organization addressing violence, crime and/or abuse.
· Director - Research and Evaluation,
· Senior Director – Learning & Staff Development, and
· Director – Program Operations and Administration
· Project Manager – Strategic Plan Program Development
· Project Coordinator – Enhanced Services to Young Men and Boys of Color
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information: