USGP is seeking an Inpatient Pharmacist at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth and associated Branch Medical Clinics.
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a pharmacist.
- Have successfully completed an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) approved continuing education of at least 15 hours which maintains pharmacy skills and knowledge in the preceding two (2) years.
- Possess two (2) years’ experience as an Inpatient Pharmacist.
- Possess experience in the use of pharmacy computer systems such as the Navy TRIPHARM Computer System, the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) or retail pharmacy computer systems.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide pharmacy informatics and healthcare related in-service training to clinical staff on new and existing pharmacy automated systems in the pharmacy or on the market; how to use decision support tools that ensure appropriate use of medications; comparison of current medication therapies; and other topics as deemed appropriate in either oral or written form as deemed needed by staff.
- Improve and enhance the ability of existing systems to document and adjudicate significant medication interactions and adverse drug reactions.
- Assist in the management of patients with chronic diseases in cooperation with the medical staff through the use of decision support informatics. Participate in formal patient education and counseling programs when requested by medical center staff.
- Oversee the training of pharmacists and technicians on pharmacy information systems.
- Interface with physicians in the design of drug treatment plans as a licensed independent practitioner. Monitor drug therapy to assure that a clinically appropriate balance of risks and benefits is maintained and proposes modification of therapy when it differs from established clinical parameters or protocols. Evaluate drug therapy for proper therapeutic outcomes.
- Evaluate drug literature in order to compare and contrast therapeutic regimens and use for new and existing products. Review literature on new technologies to increase patient safety and decrease error rate. Research cost benefits of automation and provides business plan to Department Head for purchasing consideration.
- Serve as a pharmacy liaison with physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other staff to resolve any drug related problems.
- Monitor patients for adverse drug reactions and follows established procedures for the reporting of all significant findings.
- Process medication orders by using computerized order entry and extracting pertinent data from patient charts and/or consultation with patient, nurse, or physicians. Identify and resolve drug order problems including accuracy, proper indication/use, acceptable dosing range, dosing adjustment for hepatic/renal/immune system compromise, drug interactions, essential monitoring activities, and allergy contraindication.
- Review and approve all order entry, compounding, and dispensing activities for pharmacotherapy regimens for patients.
- Participate in activities related to medication reconciliation
Designated, 8(a), SDVOSB Certified Firm that provides staffing solutions for federal facilities throughout the U.S.
- Exclude pharmacist from practicing pharmacy))
- Check medications prepared by the pharmacy technicians
- Exclude the pharmacist from practicing pharmacy
- Participate in pharmacy department's clinical pharmacy model
- Coordinate all clinical pharmacy patient care and pharmacy dispensing/shipping activities
- Coordinating all clinical pharmacy patient care and/or pharmacy production activities
- Removed from the pharmacy when the pharmacist is
- Mean that the supervising pharmacist have reviewed the prescription or drug order
- Provide direct supervision to pharmacy interns and pharmacy technicians working with the pharmacist
- Maintain pharmacy patient profiles and dispensing records
- Provide pharmacist counseling for all new prescriptions to patients
- Supervise the work of pharmacy technicians and pharmacy interns
- Assign projects to resident pharmacist and other pharmacy personnel
- Initiate and facilitate appropriate drug dosing and manage medication-related pharmacist
- Provide clinical pharmacy support and execute clinical pharmacy programs for all patient areas
- Prescribe interview or dispensing pharmacy interview
- Optimize pharmacy practice, pharmacy systems, and the medication-use process
- Enter prescription data into pharmacy software
- Perform individual patient pharmacy reviews to determine medication adherence and medication reconciliation
- Supervise pharmacy technicians in drug distribution and compounding tasks
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.