To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
901 West Linden Avenue
Linden, New Jersey, NJ 07036
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant General Manager
Blue Apron • Linden, New Jersey, NJ
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is Blue Apron
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
- As a leader of a team of more than a dozen Operations Managers, you’ll work through your leadership team to direct over 1,600 Associates.
- Put sustainable, repeatable processes in place in all parts of our operation. Hold your team accountable to following them and empower your staff to suggest process improvements.
- Build and develop your team. Own large pieces of scheduling, training and recruiting.
- Establish area performance standards and goals for all areas of the facility… and hold your team accountable to hitting them.
- Recommend and implement changes in process, scheduling, and equipment to tackle problems, improve quality and efficiency, and drive costs down.
- Own safety of the team and of the food. Ensure facilities and associates comply with all state, federal and local regulatory agencies.
- Inspire passion and commitment at all levels of the plant. Ensure that Blue Apron is every team member’s favorite place to work!
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Business, or related field is required.
- 7-10 years of progressive supervisory and management experience in a fast-paced, food manufacturing environment running a large-scale warehouse is required.
- Experience owning quality and efficiency KPIs and scheduling a large workforce
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and facilitate cross-functional teams
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across Supply Chain, Purchasing, Finance and Operations functions.
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 49 pounds repetitively with or without accommodation
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time with or without accommodation
- Exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without accommodation
- Must be able to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach about and below shoulders; repetitive use of hands with or without accommodation
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, this Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.