You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
(HIRING) PARALEGALS & LEGAL ASSISTANTS (GREAT PAY)
MAJOR LAW FIRMS are in need of a reliable and proactive Paralegals & Legal Assistants. The Paralegals & Legal Assistants will assist attorney(s) by providing clerical and research support services including, but not limited to, document preparation and review; interviewing clients and witnesses; research, investigations, fact checking; discovery responses; deposition prep and notices; reservation of travel; expense reporting; preparation and filing of legal documents; and trial preparation. Our caseload is growing and the ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet all our clients’ needs
- Meets with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Drafts legal documents including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories; files motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Organizes, enters and cross-references documents in a computerized database.
- Prepares discovery requests and responses.
- Assists general counsel organizing and carrying out special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Some related experience preferred.
Looking for Work or Better Pay. Apply or Email us Your Resumes.
[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Paralegal
- Assist the legal department with paralegal and legal operations tasks
- Conducting legal research and drafting legal documents
- Providing paralegal support to all attorneys marginal job functions
- Performing litigation/contract support and paralegal activities
- Saved through paralegal's preparation of basic legal forms
- Support litigation attorneys and paralegal supervisor in all facets of litigation
- Assist attorneys in legal research
- Assisting attorneys with preparation of legal documents
- Reviewing contracts and drafting legal documents
- Perform legal work under the direction of an attorney and paralegal supervisor
- Perform other paralegal and administrative support duties as requested by attorneys
- Maintain litigation and other legal files
- Perform miscellaneous corporate transactional and paralegal type duties
- Review legal documents and provide guidance on legal research
- Assist attorneys with legal contracts and/or documents
- Analyze law sources to prepare legal documents
- Perform paralegal litigation support functions to the commercial litigation and labor/employment law teams
- Work with legal contracts and prepare legal assistance to company attorneys
- Providing legal assistance to corporate attorneys
- Maintain legal files and litigation binders
- Employment Law
- Litigation Strategy
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.