To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chambersburg, PA
- Joshua Clark
- Phone: 717 207 9368
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Carlisle Group • Chambersburg, PA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Carlisle Group has been retained to search for a Sales & Operations Manager. Our client is a privately owned, free paper that offers business advertising and classifieds. They are headquartered in Chambersburg, PA.
The Manager of Sales and Operations is responsible for managing the overall sales activities for the company and for achieving, or exceeding, sales while staying within assigned sales expenditures. This position will also be responsible for oversight of day to day activities within operations for the organization. Approximately 75% of this position’s time and responsibilities will be focused on sales results/management and 25% will be dedicated to oversight of production, distribution and administration for the company.
Overall Goals and Objectives
- Achieve or exceed annual sales growth of 3-5%
- Maintain a quality, productive sales team with all sales representatives achieving their targeted goals
- Oversee, monitor and guide the prospecting and development new client accounts
- Manage the process of maintaining, servicing, growing and cross-selling existing client accounts
- Personally drive the efforts to increase national and insert sales
- Inspire and motivate the team to increase digital product sales
- Control collections within accounts receivable
- Ensure a quality print product is delivered weekly
- Collaborate with the President to develop annual sales projections and budget
Management of Sales Representatives to achieve and exceed company and personal sales goals
- Plan and conduct weekly sales meetings
- Perform individual Sales Representative meetings
- Spend time in the field with sales team as needed and appropriate
- Actively use Ask-CRM to track and monitor sales activities
- Understand and use the Newscycle software to input rate codes
- Review sales contracts for accuracy
- Develop annual Special Section calendars and promotions
- Develop sales incentive programs
- Recruit, hire and train new sales associates
- Cover accounts for vacationing or vacant sales positions
- Provide ongoing training for sales team
- Track activities of the sales personnel
- Review commission sheets prior to payroll
- Review Weekly Sales Report and Monthly P&L
- Responsible for handling approved trade accounts
- Maintain a personal sales account list
- Coordinate the Art Department to prepare and complete special sections
Oversee day-to-day office operations and work with department heads to ensure weekly production and delivery of our print product
- Learn the operations of the different departments
- Plan and conduct monthly department head meetings to keep lines of communication open
- Call personnel if office is closed due to inclement weather
- Work with Web Development and Digital team to develop products and cross pollinate with the sales team
- Demonstrate, communicate and enforce company values, policies and procedures
- Attend Seminars and conferences as part of an ongoing management education program
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of B2B sales management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Budget development experience
- Proven success in developing sales teams and meeting goals