This individual is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating the program’s clinical treatment services and providing clinical supervision to the program’s clinical and counseling staff. The Clinical Supervisor works closely with the Program Director to train, supervise, and direct credentialed staff delivering clinical services.
Additional duties may include, but are not limited to, planning evidence-based therapeutic activities; providing counseling services to clients and members of their families; guiding lower-level staff in planning therapeutic activities, sessions, and work projects; and supervising the planning, review and updating of client’s program or treatment plans.
Work is performed with considerable independence in accordance with established regulations, policies, and procedures. Work is reviewed by the Program Director to whom they directly report to.
- Treat all clients and staff with dignity and respect.
2. Develop, implement, and monitor training and plans for clinical staff based on the needs of clients and the facility; training must be reflective of best practices and congruent with state regulations and licensing entities.
3. Implements treatment schedule to promote appropriate clinical interventions.
4. Provide close supervision of counselors and therapists and of required documentation including electronic client records, treatment entries, etc., in accordance with established policies, which comply with licensing, funding and regulatory agencies.
5. Intervene in difficult cases and approve all referrals to specialized care.
6. Supervise aftercare component of treatment.
7. Attend, participate, and when necessary, facilitate meetings and special events such as retreats, trips, workshops, etc.
8. Maintain a small client caseload, when necessary.
9. Support and demonstrate adherence to Company's Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct and all personnel policies and procedures.
10. Maintain appropriate professional certificates and credentials.
11. Be responsible for the facility when the Director is unavailable.
Mental Health Counseling
Substance Abuse Counseling