To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1505 Foote Drive
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
- Andrea Knotwell
- Phone: 303-430-6562
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Shop Service Technician
Honnen Equipment Co. • Idaho Falls, ID
Posted 2 months ago
Performs advanced diagnostics, service repairs, rebuilding jobs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer owned equipment.Completes daily tasks at company shops in a safe, efficient and capable manner, using the least number of labor hours necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs advanced diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer owned equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitor products and keeps abreast of all changes in various models of equipment sold and serviced by the distributor.
- Reports each service call or repair job at the end of each shift, giving the following information:(a) customer’s name, (b) make and model of unit, (c) serial number, (d) hours worked, (e) travel time, (f) details of work performed, problems encountered, time required, (g) parts, equipment and supplies used.
- Reports in complete detail as above with regard to warranty situations handled.
- Keeps immediate shop area in which he works in a clean and orderly manner.
- Brings to the attention of the Shop Manager/Manager any additional work required on a unit.
- Notifies Shop Manager/Foreman if shop equipment or vehicle is not in serviceable condition or constitutes a safety hazard.
- Returns tools to crib at the end of each shift in a clean condition ready for the next man to use.
- Keeps service bulletins and parts literature current and orderly at all times.
- Conducts himself in the presence of customers in a manner which will retain a good opinion of the company and the Service Department.
- Takes advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and training sessions in order to upgrade technical competence.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates degree preferred.High School diploma and related experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Three (3) + years of mechanic repair and maintenance experience with Heavy Equipment.
- Ability to perform advanced to complex service repairs
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic repairs
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of heavy equipment
- Basic computer and systems ability