Provides PLC support to plant maintenance and operations and acts as a technical leader among the maintenance group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Follow standardized work instructions.
2. Electrical maintenance and programming of robotics and welding equipment (Fanuc & Lincoln).
3. Provide controls support to the plant floor including troubleshooting, programming and project work.
4. Conveyor systems – Programming and troubleshooting.
5. Helping to replace motors and drives as required.
6. Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC programming and troubleshooting, including improving HMI layouts and diagnostics.
7. Must follow all OSHA and plant safety rules including, lock-out tag-out, etc…
8. Robotic programming and troubleshooting including weld parameter changes and touch-ups.
9. Supports the teams in operational improvement.
10. Develops Initial Standard Work Practices and PM practices with management.
11. Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production, and performs scheduled maintenance and repairs of production equipment during machine service.
12. Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
13. Performs electrical duties such as wiring equipment and troubleshooting electrical issues
14. Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required duties.
15. Any other duties deemed necessary or appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. HS diploma/GED + advanced technical training in electrical, robotics, and PLC’s
2. Prefer USDOL Journeyman’s certificate or equivalent work experience or skills training. PLC knowledge is a must.
3. 5 years previous employment in a manufacturing environment – automotive preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Must be able to drive forklift and maintain certification.
2. Background in controls, Allen Bradley and Siemens preferred.
3. Must have ability to learn quickly and adapt to new equipment / controls standards.
4. Electrical 12 volt dc to 600 volt ac advanced working knowledge.
5. Understanding of automated welding processes in a manufacturing facility
6. Ability to provide controls support to the plant as outlined in but not limited to the job duties above.
7. Robotics and or integration background is a plus.
8. CNC experience is a plus (HAAS preferred).