Search Engine Evaluators conduct research, evaluation and feedback on search engine results by, but not limited to, measuring the relevance and usefulness of web pages in correlation to predefined queries, by providing comparative analysis of sets of search engine results and various other techniques.
Appen is looking for highly educated individuals for an exciting work from home, independent contractor opportunity. Applicants must be self motivated and internet savvy. This is an opportunity to evaluate and improve search engine results for one of the world's largest internet search engine companies.
Search Engine Evaluators will need to combine a passion for analysis with an understanding of various online research tools. Applicants must be detail oriented and have a broad range of interests.
Ideal Search Engine Evaluators will possess the following skills
- Excellent web research skills and analytical abilities.
- Have in-depth, up-to-date familiarity with American social culture, media, and web culture in the United States
- Excellent comprehension and written communication skills in English (Bilingual skills is a plus)
- Broad range of interests, with specific areas of expertise a plus
- University degree or equivalent experience (degrees in-progress are acceptable). Advanced degrees a plus
- Possess and use a self-supplied high speed internet connection (DSL, Cable Modem, etc.)
- Possess and use a self-supplied Android phone version 4.1 or higher, Windows phone version 8.1 or higher, or an iPhone version 4s or higher
All candidates are required to take and pass a qualification exam before becoming a Search Engine Evaluator. There are three parts to the exam: a theoretical component and two practical components. Supplied study materials can be used during the exam.
Please Note: We are unable to offer more than one Search Engine Evaluator position per IP Address.
Agile Software Development