Sort, process and price merchandise for the store. Maintain both store and backroom conditions.
Serve our customers and present a positive image to the public. Supports and manages through
embracing and demonstrating Goodwill's values, mission and goals. Positions are available in Canton, Commerce, Dearborn, Livonia, Woodhaven and Ypsilanti.
POSITION DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Sort, process, size and price donations, keeping in mind style, quality, and quantity needed to
meet daily production goals.
- Price or tag new goods according to purchase order.
- Completely deactivate all labeling according to salvage agreement.
- Be able to perform all backroom operational functions (i.e. processing, loading and unloading
delivery truck, assisting customers with donations, and loading merchandise in customer's
- Periodic use of pallet jack and pallet stacker to move gaylords through processing area.
- Provide customers with excellent customer service.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the store and backroom and work area.
High school graduate or equivalent. Some mathematical ability.
No experience needed, however some retail sales experience a
Ability to work effectively
with diverse staff, youth, customers and vendors. Excellent verbal and written communication
skills. Good organizational skills.
Must have excellent customer relation skills. Must be able to work
independently and be flexible in a multi-duty environment.
performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to stand, walk,
use hands, talk or hear; occasionally reaching with hands and arms, balance,
stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific
vision abilities required by the job include color vision. The employee must often lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds; regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May be required to stand for up to 8 hours at a
time. This position occasionally may require
twisting and bending.
Packaging And Labeling